Parallels (12) Desktop for mac

v-600

Nov 1, 2010
Does anybody have parallels 12?

I'm running an old version of parallels (10) on my work laptop that comes with a download chromeOS button. The version of ChromiumOS it installs is significantly out of date and certain features have stopped working (sync being a big one). I looked on the parallels website but their most up-to-date version of parallels makes no reference to ChromeOS and I don't want to spend money on something that won't let me do a 1click install.

I realise I can probably install Chromium OS myself or install something like cloudready. I just don't want to and would prefer to do it through parallels - letting them deal with all the set up and tweaking to get a working VM.

If not I might have to buy a cheapo chromebook to test things out on (but claiming money back for that is a whole bucket of hassle I don't want either).

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
In P12 the button is now for Chromium OS. Here is a screen cap from the info window…
chromium.jpg

v-600

Nov 1, 2010
In P12 the button is now for Chromium OS. Here is a screen cap from the info window…
chromium.jpg
Thanks,

The version number there is the same version as in Parallels 10. Google have changed a fair amount with they way they handle authorisation and the old Chromium just doesn't work. It looks like they've given up supporting it and just let it die off