Parade cancelled in Oregon, leftist fascists threaten violence against Republicans.

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
I don't condone violence but I find the alt-right's entitlement attitude to be appalling. If you pick a fight, then you own what happens after. If I come across 2 guys fighting on the street, and each one tries to tell me that the other guy started it, then I'm going to solve that problem by assuming that they both started it and act accordingly.

How dare people in the United States fell entitled with the expectation to assemble without the real threat of violence. What a bunch of jerks for thinking that.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
How dare people in the United States fell entitled with the expectation to assemble without the real threat of violence. What a bunch of jerks for thinking that.
What part about "I don't condone violence" was so confusing for you?

The entitlement of the alt-right that I refer to is their belief that they can react to this situation outside the confines of the law.

Last edited:

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
It's pretty obvious the school isn't going out of its way to host anyone as luminous as Coulter. Actually nobody gives a shit that degenerates won't be plying their wares at a university except peers obligated to jump on the cross, and of course whichever suckers readily sympathetic to such a sight.

The kind of people drawn to Coulter aren't looking for conversation, as you might attest to yourself given experience with some of them here.

Ok, I admit it appears that way but I maintain that violence is not an acceptable course of action to take with them. It won't solve anything. Hell even just the threat of violence compounds the situation. The whole mess is exasperating.

NesuD

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Here you go:
https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Once you take the test it puts you in one of the 4 categories. It's based on a world view, not strictly Rebub/Dem.

axeswithnames.gif

I was with Ghandi.

Well I'm 3 points south and 1 point left of center in my worldview according to that survey. Funny because I have been called every conservative/republican/fascist name in the book at one time or another. I am thinking that we all have wide ranging views on various topics but people have a tendency to pigeonhole us based on very narrow criteria. Example: If someone were to ask me if I favor abortion I would automatically answer no. That almost always instantly labels me as a Pro life nutter. If you were to probe further though you would discover that I think abortion is a travesty and a terrible waste of a human life but that I also think I do not have the right to interfere with any person when it comes to decisions about their own body. Can't read just one chapter of the book and know the whole story.

I'm actually a little surprised where I landed on that grid.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Ok, I admit it appears that way but I maintain that violence is not an acceptable course of action to take with them. It won't solve anything. Hell even just the threat of violence compounds the situation. The whole mess is exasperating.

As a practical matter degeneracy often occurs when there's no price to be paid, which is why reciprocating strategies are usually effective. As related practical matter, how much degenerates pretend to be victimized is a good sign of how effective it is; imo best to avoid playing into it.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
It's becoming normal for leftists/Democrats/progressives to threaten violence against conservatives/Republicans if/when they attempt to practice their 1st Amendment Right of free speech/political speech in areas considered "blue". The hate, the anger, the violence is very strong in the left now. This is nothing new, it's expected, from Berkeley, to New York to almost every college and university campus violence and censorship against conservatives is the norm, not the exception.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/apr/26/portland-parade-cancelled-amid-threats-republician/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...threaten-gop-marchers/?utm_term=.e83845370f25

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...eat-of-political-violence-in-portland/524334/
You poor snow flake! Why do you hate good things?

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Far leftists are just a bunch of crybabies. If they want to cause unrest because they dont know how to be civil in public, they should be arrested.

The end.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Far leftists are just a bunch of crybabies. If they want to cause unrest because they dont know how to be civil in public, they should be arrested.

The end.
Of course the same should happen to the extreme righties causing trouble as well, correct? There are plenty of rightists that stumble aggressively on the concept of knowing how to behave civilly. Oh, and they are a bunch of crybabies too.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Of course the same should happen to the extreme righties causing trouble as well, correct? There are plenty of rightists that stumble aggressively on the concept of knowing how to behave civilly. Oh, and they are a bunch of crybabies too.

I agree. Anyone who employees violence to stop political protest on the left or right should be dealt with. Once either or both sides stop talking and start rioting thats trouble for everyone.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
That may be true but come on now if you do nothing else at least aspire to be above taj. It wouldn't even be considered a lofty goal... just doable, ya know?

Jul 9, 2009
That may be true but come on now if you do nothing else at least aspire to be above taj. It wouldn't even be considered a lofty goal... just doable, ya know?
If you bothered reading the links in the OP you may, may be able to understand. I doubt it though.