Paper thin mousepads

ixelion

Feb 5, 2005
The Logitech G240 feels really good to me, I like the consistency of feeling my desk underneath and not the cushion of the mouse pad. I had a QcK before, while it had better glide, It did not feel as "stable" as the G240.

I also had a silicone Madcatz pad that was also very thin, unfortunately it's glide is extremely bad but still felt very stable.

Does anyone know of any other extremely thin mouse pads? The G240 is kinda small for me.

Ben90

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2009
Just out of curiosity, is it the squishiness you don't like or the inconsistency of not being able to use your mouse in whatever position feels comfortable at the time.

If it's the latter they make (nearly) whole desk mousepads that gives you the versatility of no pad with the tracking of having one.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Have you ever tried just using a piece of good, smooth paper? Even slick paper. When I travel, a magazine works nicely.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
atm im using a razer sphenx (because it was really cheap on amazon.. £11, something like $15).

it glides, oh boy it glides. it glides so much even with lowered sens im spazzing everywhere.

granted that each mousepad requires a bit of time to adjust, but this might be a bit too hardcore for me; i need a bit of control.

oh, and its *very* thin. barely two sheets of paper thick.
try it, if you can find it for that price.

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
The Logitech G240 feels really good to me, I like the consistency of feeling my desk underneath and not the cushion of the mouse pad. I had a QcK before, while it had better glide, It did not feel as "stable" as the G240.

I also had a silicone Madcatz pad that was also very thin, unfortunately it's glide is extremely bad but still felt very stable.

Does anyone know of any other extremely thin mouse pads? The G240 is kinda small for me.

I use a 3M product that they call their Precise Mouse Pad.

Works well for me.

Uno

bruceb

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
I use a piece of what is called Gridboard. Local Shoprite has it. Basically, it just heavy white paper about 1/32 inch thick. Cheap, easy to get. I use the Legal size. When it gets dirty, just clean it or replace.

BrightCandle

Diamond Member
Mar 15, 2007
Back in 2004 when I was playing Counterstrike and a later Call of Duty European Hardcore Championships I was using an Xtract Zoom. It was a credit card thin and quite a big mouse mat. I combined it with a set of Mouse Skatz on a Logitech mouse (can't remember which it was). It was one of my favourite combinations and I was one of the best players in Europe, so it was certainly competitive. I don't know if the Xtrac Zoom Version 2 is still competitive with the current competition but I had no problems with my version 1 and its still a make that is available today.

These days I use a cloth math like everyone else in the competitive FPS scene. Its more accurate to play low sensitivity with a flawless mouse doing 360 in 30cm (I use 35cm) on a cloth mat for control. For medium sensitivity however I preferred a low resistance mat which is where that Xtrac Zoom came in. I actually ended up importing mine from Spain as they were all sold out, they were very popular 10 years ago.