Panera lovers sign in please

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
My roomate Susan took me to lunch at Panera yesterday,I'd never been there and I went nuts at the bread counter.I came home with 4 loaves,a sourdough,the XL frenchbread,a cheese bread and a tomato basil bread.This stuff is so delicious:p

Oh and there soups are wonderful,I had a brocolli cheddar,my roomie had a wonderful chicken noodle and her daughter had clam chowder..yummy.The coffee was excellent too,had their "robust" blend and it was better than Starbucks.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: kalster
ahhh
i thought PanTera lovers

oh well panera is good stuff too :D

I was totally overwhelmed,the dudes in the bakery section thought I was funny,my roomate told em it was my first time and they formally welcomed me with a cookie:)

btw,I love Pantera too:)

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
ahhh
i thought PanTera lovers

I was totally overwhelmed,the dudes in the bakery section thought I was funny,my roomate told em it was my first time and they formally welcomed me with a cookie:)

i usually have the veggie sandwitch, their fresh orange juice is nice :heart:

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
ahhh
i thought PanTera lovers

Same.

No idea what Panera is though. :p

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Just had a slice of the pork roast I made last night on the cheese bread with some garlic cheese melted on top...OMG that was so good:p

weirdichi

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2001
PANERA! Good stuff. So can you actually classifiy those bagels as bagels... or bread? Either way, it's good stuff. Mmmmm...

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I usually go there on a weekly basis. Then again, it helps that there are 3 of them within 7 miles of my house. :)

My favorite is the Carnitas sandwich - A panini with pork, cheese, onions and chipotle sauce. Mmm .... And also, the Cinnamon cruch bagels and the Coconut macaroons. ;)

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Tiles2Tech
I usually go there on a weekly basis. Then again, it helps that there are 3 of them within 7 miles of my house. :)

My favorite is the Carnitas sandwich - A panini with pork, cheese, onions and chipotle sauce. Mmm .... And also, the Cinnamon cruch bagels and the Coconut macaroons. ;)

I didn't delve into the bagels this trip,lol,it was bad enough that I lugged a huge shopping bag filled with bread out of there.The place was simply wonderful and actually reasonably priced:)

matt426malm

Golden Member
Nov 14, 2003
Yah I like Pantera. Panera's got pretty good bread I'll get a loaf or whatever every so often but I never eat lunch there.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
panera is the St louis Bred Comnpanys chain. origionally started in SL as terh bread co and they expanded calling it panera its still called teh Sl bred co in SL and playces near there

really good stuff

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Not a big fan of panera at all.

If I want a decent sandwich and a cup of soup I'll go to schlotsky's deli or quizno's.

More bang for the $$.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
They're pretty good. Little on the pricey side, but not too horrible.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: matt426malm
Originally posted by: Kaervak

I'm poor so I don't go often. :(

The sourdough soup bowl and a cup of coffee I had were really cheap,plus it was so nourshing that I didn't need to eat the rest of the day:)

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Last Sunday evening, I had dinner at Panera with my daughter. They were closing and locking up while we were eating. One of the employees came over to me and said I could have anything I wanted from the bakery section to take home for free. I picked out 4 cinnamon crunch bagels and 2 macaroons. The guy then said: "Out of all of this leftover stuff, this is all you want?" I said yes. No need to be a glutton. ;)

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Tiles2Tech
Last Sunday evening, I had dinner at Panera with my daughter. They were closing and locking up while we were eating. One of the employees came over to me and said I could have anything I wanted from the bakery section to take home for free. I picked out 4 cinnamon crunch bagels and 2 macaroons. The guy then said: "Out of all of this leftover stuff, this is all you want?" I said yes. No need to be a glutton. ;)

7 people live in this house,I'd have cleaned the place out:D

matt426malm

Golden Member
Nov 14, 2003

The sourdough soup bowl and a cup of coffee I had were really cheap,plus it was so nourshing that I didn't need to eat the rest of the day:)

I don't think I could eat soup and go the rest of the day without eating. If I want a sandwich my dorm's cafeteria is fine. If I go out it's usually because I crave junk food. Culvers- double bacon burger w/everything and cheese curds is heaven. Or King Gyros- giant gyro

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

I don't think I could eat soup and go the rest of the day without eating. If I want a sandwich my dorm's cafeteria is fine. If I go out it's usually because I crave junk food. Culvers- double bacon burger w/everything and cheese curds is heaven. Or King Gyros- giant gyro

I'm trying to lose weight so anytime I go out I'm mindful of the calories and compensate by reducing my eating the rest of the day.

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
I like Panera a lot but it's just a little too expensive for me to eat there often. There's one righ across the street.