Pandora handheld gaming device with PowerVR GPU

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Yay, another mini laptop device with no app support?

Is this Pandora as in pandora radio, or just some random pandora?

v8envy

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2002
A Linux enthusiast and you don't know about Pandora?

The pandora is an open source gaming handheld. Which means, legacy arcade emulation, nethack on the go, old console emulation... Plus with a bit of hackery you might be able to use it as a smartphone with google voice. And a mobile media playback device.

I'd buy one if it wasn't so obscenely expensive. As it is, I'm fine with a hacked PSP.

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Well, I suppose it's nice to have a mobile linux device, but the ergonomics look horrid.

I don't think I'd want to try to play games on that, it's not shaped (to fit hands) at all.

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
Agree with Fox5, ergonomics will make or break this thing. From a visual look, it might not be the most comfortable thing to use and that will be a deal breaker. We could be wrong and this thing fits snugly in our hands...but I doubt it.

Interesting platform but they need to really invest in some product design.

v8envy

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2002
When I first saw it my first thought was "that can't be comfortable to use as a handheld OR smartphone" as well. Seems to be designed for use while resting on a table, like a DTR laptop. Since these are most likely not going to be seen retail it's going to be hard to evaluate ergonomics from a picture though.

It'll be a shame if the case (and spacebar placement) keep this from becoming a useful product.