Panasonic MiniDV Multicam Digital Camcorder $348.88

tokyojoe

Apr 21, 2002

i did search cant find here and i have one and its hot

Amazon.com has killer price on it.

Panasonic PVDV202 MiniDV Multicam Digital Camcorder w/ 2.5" LCD, IR Remote & 8MB SD Memory Card

List Price: $749.99
Price: $348.88

Amazon.com Product Description
Combining 1.3-megapixel stills--albeit interpolated--with a 10x optical zoom, the PV-DV202 wraps some great features in its plastic and metal body. Images are stored on SD cards--an 8 MB card is included--and can be downloaded to your computer via USB. For those that like to shoot in low-light conditions, the camcorder also features a built-in color-recording mode for those types of situations. According to Panasonic, the mode will help reduce the graininess often associated with low-light shooting.
A zoom mic and a built-in light are included with the PV-DV202, along with an MPEG-4 movie system, which lets you capture compressed video clips for e-mailing to friends and family. Additionally, Panasonic includes a software suite from ArcSoft for organizing and printing still images. The camcorder also features a composite video out, S-video out, and, of course, IEEE 1394.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
pretty good camera... i have the PV-DV201... the mic & light seem to be the 'upgrade'... and mine doesn't have a zoom mic, and the light is external.

the DV-201 has a 20x optical, 300x digital zoom.

with a standard 8mb SD Memory Card, you can take:
60 pics - 640x480 mode
240 pics - 320x240 mode

the memory slot can hold a 64meg SD card... 600+ pics in 640x480mode

flenn

Oct 9, 1999
Can anyone tell me why this model is more expensive than some others in the Panasonic line? It doesn't look like anything spectacular in the specs (10x zoom, B&W viewfinder, etc.). Also, does it have built in capture so that I can turn some VCR tapes digital? TIA

DealChimp

Mar 28, 2003
In stock from here...BTW, the "add to wish list" thing is driving me nuts.

It seems Amazon doesn't want you to buy anymore, just wish for stuff...you now have to add an item to your wish list and then they give you the option to buy. Ridiculous.

:confused:

dlaw

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2001
Um....seems like a really good deal, but maybe I will just thinking about it first, don't wanna spend $350 on an unsure camcorder.....

Anyway got it and care to share with us what you think?