Palit 3GB GTX 580 Has hit Newegg

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Squuiid

Feb 23, 2007

Not true. The 3GB Palit card is quite a bit cooler than ref, I can vouch for this having had both in the exact same case with same cooling.
Looking at your sig, you don't seem to be in any position to state this as categorically as you have.

SHAQ

Aug 5, 2002
I got a email from Palit , with a link to this Youtube video

4- WAY gtx 580 3gb . Some cool looking hardware setups
The beginning shows 4 gtx 580's liquid cooled with some nice hardware linking the cards :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpC_4JH05Yk

4WaySLIPalitGTX5803GB.jpg

4WaySLIPalitGTX5803GB-1.jpg

Now THAT is a rig.

SolMiester

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2004
That is a seriously good looking piece of equipment...looks like the whole lot is held suspended up off the ground....Mmmmm Black and Silver, you gotta love the wad of power cables going the the cards...LMAO!

Squuiid

Feb 23, 2007
aaaaand....

They're back TO Amazon! :-(
Turns out these cards cannot be SLI'ed on a P8P67-M PRO in a Lian Li PC-V354 case.
Top card overheats and throttles. Sent them both back and waiting for a 590.

cdvj

Apr 16, 2011
Cards like this are good for GPU rendering with a rendering app like Octane where you need to load the entire scene into vRAM complete with all the materials, textures etc. They are a viable alternative to spending x10 the amount on a Quadro card for zero benefit with this specific use in mind. This card maybe an overpriced gaming red herring but at the same time it's also an under priced GPU rendering monster. Octane is coded for CUDA only so AMD cards are not an option. This card has it's niche and you just need the right scene and benchmark to show it in a good light.

notty22

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2010
The fellow running these in quad SLI , in the other thread is feeding them in to 3 X $1300 dollar 30 inch monitors.
Something for everyone I guess.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
aaaaand....

They're back TO Amazon! :-(
Turns out these cards cannot be SLI'ed on a P8P67-M PRO in a Lian Li PC-V354 case.
Top card overheats and throttles. Sent them both back and waiting for a 590.

You pretty much need to get the P67 Revolution or a mobo that allows you to move a card down a slot. These high end cards can't handle being cramped with 2mm of space between each other.

Neurotic_X

Apr 17, 2011
I can only see this being good for GTX 580 sli setups with triple-monitor or a 30-inch screen. Those are usually the people that have money to blow anyways. Obviously, it's their money. Have fun.