Palins sister-in-law (Todds half sister) caught stealing

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: her209
So am I to understand that anything done by an extended family of well-known politician should not be dragged out by either side?
unless it directly involves a public figure or is newsworthy in and of itself, yeah pretty much
Who determines its newsworthy?

if a story would receive significant state-wide or national coverage without the relationship, it's newsworthy.

run of the mill B&E's don't receive much more coverage than a line in the police blotter if anything here.

How much coverage does a random guy shoving a cigar up a willing participants vagina get?

Do you understand the difference between public figures and their relations compared to the average joe and their relations?

Seriously, i know you're not that daft.

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: GroundedSailor
Originally posted by: blackangst1
What would a half sister on her husbands side have to do exactly with her? And how would her "values" in any shape or form have anything to do with Palin's? did they grow up in the same household? Do they share the same parents? I didnt think so.

Lighten up! Everything is not meant to be taken seriously.

oh its a parady thread? so no real news? then this should be locked up.

OK maybe I wasn't that clear in my first post. This is news but comes under the heading of 'odds and ends' or 'entertainment' or 'frivolous news'. It did make the wire, in fact it was reported by a large number of major news outlets:
See here.

So am I to understand that anything done by an extended family of well-known politician should not be dragged out by either side?
One there is the issue of Palin being a high profile public figure, currently holding the high office of a state.

Second, it seems that Palin and her extended family and in-laws (prospective or current) seems to have an unusually high embarrassment quotient.

It's just entertaining to watch.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
i find it funny that the thread with biddens daughter doing coke is locked up. but this one about her IN-LAWS doing something minor is ok.

don't ge tme wrong i think Palin is what ruined mcCains chance of winning.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
i find it funny that the thread with biddens daughter doing coke is locked up. but this one about her IN-LAWS doing something minor is ok.

Was the Biden story proven or not? If it was proven, then the thread most likely would not have been locked....

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007

I think it was mccain who ruined his own chances by selecting such an unqualified person for vp. Of all the things he is, stupid is not one of them. I still can't figure out his angle - unless he knew he wasn't going to win.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Originally posted by: UberNeuman

Was the Biden story proven or not? If it was proven, then the thread most likely would not have been locked....

Biden kid wasn't arrested as this half sister was. The biden story was about some guy trying to sell a video the was suppose to show her snorting but never made public as far as I know while this Palin story is public record.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield
unless it directly involves a public figure or is newsworthy in and of itself, yeah pretty much
Who determines its newsworthy?

if a story would receive significant state-wide or national coverage without the relationship, it's newsworthy.

run of the mill B&E's don't receive much more coverage than a line in the police blotter if anything here.

How much coverage does a random guy shoving a cigar up a willing participants vagina get?

Do you understand the difference between public figures and their relations compared to the average joe and their relations?

Seriously, i know you're not that daft.

Bill Clinton = public figure
Sarah Palin's husband's half-sister = not a public figure

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
And in other news... North Korea launched a missile in to orbit showing the world they can now launch nukes into space. Obama has lodged a complaint with the U.N. That will show Kim Jon Il that the U.S. means business.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Originally posted by: rudder
And in other news... North Korea launched a missile in to orbit showing the world they can now launch nukes into space. The Teleprompter has lodged a complaint with the U.N. That will show Kim Jon Il that the U.S. means business.

Fixed.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: seemingly random

I think it was mccain who ruined his own chances by selecting such an unqualified person for vp. Of all the things he is, stupid is not one of them. I still can't figure out his angle - unless he knew he wasn't going to win.

yeap. he blew it whith choosing her. Why he would choose her when there were others. only thing i could come up with is he wanted a female to try to get Hillary's supporters. That kinda back fired on him eh? hehe

Again what does this story have to do with Palin? its her husbands HALF-SISTER. really can't see what exactly this had to do with palin except to use it as a excuse to trash her.

this is just a trolling thread.

but i forget that its ok to troll Repubs but not Dems.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
McCain's always had an attitude that the office of the vice presidency is a joke / ceremonial position with no power and no authority beyond casting a vote every couple years.

I think McCain wrongly banked on the American public sharing his views and miscalculated how much the election was going to center around the economy rather than foreign and energy policies.

or maybe he just picked Palin as an FU to the GOP for them not letting him nominate his first VP pick (Lieberman)

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Fear No Evil
And in other news... North Korea launched a missile in to orbit showing the world they can now launch nukes into space. The Teleprompter has lodged a complaint with the U.N. That will show Kim Jon Il that the U.S. means business.

trolled.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Fear No Evil

Fixed.

Thanks.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Billy Carter

/thread

Roger Clinton.

Now you can /thread.

At least in these two examples theyre actually related. Hell, this could have been her 3rd cousin twice removed and would have made the news. As if she has any control or influence.

Nov 30, 2006
I don't know which is worse...Sarah Palin or the mindless twits who think this is news. I'm thinking the latter.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007
or maybe he just picked Palin as an FU to the GOP for them not letting him nominate his first VP pick (Lieberman)
As crazy as this sounds, I'm leaning towards it also. What I'm in the dark about is what problem the gop has with lieberman.