Palin's Not Done Building Bridges Yet! $600 Million Bridge To Wasilla Still On Schedule

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy

"When will Alaskans pay their own way?" Read the rest of what I wrote. I get tired of repeating it. The US gets more money from Alaska than Alaska gets from the US. Which kind of kills your argument before it begins.

Either you are ignorant ... or you are lying. Which is it?

For FY 2005 the entire state of Alaska paid $4.83 billion to Washington.

For FY 2005 the state of Alaska received $9.23 billion from Washington.

The per capita Washington expenditure in Alaska was $13,950 ranking the state #1 in the US. As a matter of fact, Alaska has been #1 in 17 of the last 25 years.

I'm glad Alaska is growing. In 2006 there were 2,739 building permits issued.

Just to give you a little heads-up, in 2006 there were 99,979 building permits issued in the state of North Carolina - 13,676 in Mecklenburg County alone. btw - We Tar Heels paid $52.55 billion in taxes to Washington and only received back $6,850 per capita (#33). Believe me we are not complaining because in 15 of the last 25 years we have ranked anywhere from 46-50 inspite of little places like Fort Bragg, Camp Lejeune, Seymour-Johnson and Cherry Point. Hooah!

You really should consider Google. You will find all types of accurate data like this or this.
Actually you're the ignorant one in this case.

:disgust:

I've already explained this in detail in other threads... For that matter I've already said it in this thread... Reading comprehension anyone?

You can not use tax revenues alone. It doesn't give you the full picture. When you factor in the resource revenue sharing that is supposed to be split 90/10 with the US, which is only split 50/50, the US gets more from Alaska than Alaska gets from the US and it has been that way for a long time.

The split on resource revenues is supposed to be 90/10 Alaska/US per the statehood agreement. The US only splits 50/50. Basically they blackmail Alaska into that split by not letting them open fields or develop resources without the split. So, factor in what Alaska gets screwed out of every year (and for the last ~50 years) and the US is far ahead in this game.

BTW... what state are you in?

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: heyheybooboo
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy

"When will Alaskans pay their own way?" Read the rest of what I wrote. I get tired of repeating it. The US gets more money from Alaska than Alaska gets from the US. Which kind of kills your argument before it begins.

Either you are ignorant ... or you are lying. Which is it?

For FY 2005 the entire state of Alaska paid $4.83 billion to Washington.

For FY 2005 the state of Alaska received $9.23 billion from Washington.

The per capita Washington expenditure in Alaska was $13,950 ranking the state #1 in the US. As a matter of fact, Alaska has been #1 in 17 of the last 25 years.

I'm glad Alaska is growing. In 2006 there were 2,739 building permits issued.

Just to give you a little heads-up, in 2006 there were 99,979 building permits issued in the state of North Carolina - 13,676 in Mecklenburg County alone. btw - We Tar Heels paid $52.55 billion in taxes to Washington and only received back $6,850 per capita (#33). Believe me we are not complaining because in 15 of the last 25 years we have ranked anywhere from 46-50 inspite of little places like Fort Bragg, Camp Lejeune, Seymour-Johnson and Cherry Point. Hooah!

You really should consider Google. You will find all types of accurate data like this or this.

Just to give you a little heads up, N.C. has a land area of 48,710 SQ miles. Alaska has a land area of 570,380 SQ miles. Did I mention that it is also home to some of the harshest terrain in our country?

We HAVE to subsidize Alaska just so that it can exist and quite frankly we are getting a damned good deal. If you are really pissed about it, I am quite sure the Ruskies would love to buy it back.