Palin: "US Should Re-Dictate God's Will"

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Sarah Palin says US should rededicate itself to God

The former US vice-presidential candidate argued that a humble spirit could help leaders to get more answers on issues such as health care, energy and national security.

In a video released Friday by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, the 2008 Republican candidate for vice president, said it was important for leaders to recognise they don't have all the answers.

Mrs Palin said: "No one person has all the right answers. It takes a united nation, and it does take godly counsel, and it takes prayer and answers to prayer - and a collective humble heart of a nation seeking God's hand of protection and his blessings of prosperity.

"I think if we can get back to that, our country will be a safer, more prosperous and healthier nation."

The former Alaska governor referred to an Abraham Lincoln proclamation that declared a day of national humiliation, fasting, and prayer.

She said the United States has been "touched by God" because the nation's early leaders dedicated the country to God.

For those so uninformed, Billy Graham is no longer the leader of the association that bears his name. That responsibility now lies with his son, Franklin Graham.

Franklin is of course famous for his ongoing Islam “is a very evil and wicked religion” thing.

Franklin started Samaritan's Purse, an organization close to where I live and one for which in the past I have done volunteer work (which I gave up primarily due to the proselytizing and fear-mongering).

The ex-Gov has her Billy Graham videos here.

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Next up for Palin? I'm guessing Buddy Christ ....

Buddy_christ.jpg

edit: Sorry ... misspelled 'rededicate' in the title and can't figure out how to fix it ....

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Interesting that in the same post you ridicule a critic of violent Islam while spitting vitriol at Palin for a peaceful faith.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Sure, we just need to decide on which God we're going with, New Testament or Old - might have some foreign policy implications.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Amen!

I project that this thread will have no fewer than 1,000 page views and over a hundred responses because 1) you included the word "Palin" in the title and 2) no one knows what "redicate" means, but it sounds bad.

Oh, and 3) the "God" word is also in there.

Last edited:

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Interesting that in the same post you ridicule a critic of violent Islam while spitting vitriol at Palin for a peaceful faith.

Ahh but you're making a distinction that he fails to make, that's the difference.

violent Islam <> Islam.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
More proof she's a fundie nutcase. How she got elected to office is beyond me. Oh wait, I forgot. She's hot.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I'm going with missing an F for fail.

IMO there's nothing wrong with following a religion, but when it comes to being President, the governing document is the Constitution. That's the "mission statement" for the nation, not a faith.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Amen!

I project that this thread will have no fewer than 1,000 page views and over a hundred responses because 1) you included the word "Palin" in the title and 2) no one knows what "redicate" means, but it sounds bad.

You're definitely right, absolutely nobody knows what the word 'redicate' means. Ahh the OP misspelled it too.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Are there any countries out there that don't think they're particularly blessed by God?

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
You're definitely right, absolutely nobody knows what the word 'redicate' means. Ahh the OP misspelled it too.

You are smart, or at least think you are.

Please define "redicate."

Yeah, it's a joke. Duh!

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Amen!

Excellent, on-topic response to the OP.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You are smart, or at least think you are.

Please define "redicate."

Yeah, it's a joke. Duh!

The thing is that you aren't smart (and I think inside you know it), and so I confess to being momentarily fooled that this post would be as stupid as the rest of yours.

What a pleasent surprise!

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
The thing is that you aren't smart (and I think inside you know it), and so I confess to being momentarily fooled that this post would be as stupid as the rest of yours.

What a pleasent surprise!

Forget it. Just forget it.

ROTFLMAO!

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Citizens can follow w/e the hell they want to

BUT our Govt needs to STFU about religion..

Religion is an
INDIVIDUAL
PERSONAL
PRIVATE

Thing

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Mrs Palin said: "No one person has all the right answers. It takes a united nation, and it does take godly counsel, and it takes prayer and answers to prayer - and a collective humble heart of a nation seeking God's hand of protection and his blessings of prosperity.

Hey, this is EXACTLY what Osama Bin Laden and the Taliban do, so it MUST be a great idea.

We should all ask God for answers, and when something pops into our heads, that's what we should do.

Wow! Palin is so inspired.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
People who live their lives based on decisions from their make-believe friend make me /facepalm.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

The fact all to often is that "Violent" Islam happens to run Islam. I have said this before and will say it now -- when those who practice "Peaceful" Islam will get some balls and stand up to those who practice "violent' Islam then perhaps it will be possible to sit down with no worries or fears with those who practice islam.

As it is those who practice radical "Christianity" in the United States are confronted by those who practice Christainity.

But we must admit that it is easier to deal with those who claim to be "radical" Christians due to the fact they don`t slap explosives on their children and send them out to kill innocent people...lol

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Amen!

He did include Palin and rightly so.....
Her agenda is very evident.....
She is making a run for POTUS in 2012 and is actively courting the ebangelical christian vote which was fragmented during the last election!