Palin says: "Obama pals around with terrorists"

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
Originally posted by: DAPUNISHER
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: Corbett

Originally posted by: ayabe

Supporting abortion clinic bombers as McCain has repeatedly.

Proof? Links?

Sorry this is so quick and without my usual complete set of first generation links, but see this piece from Keith Olbermann's Countdown. He cites enough names, dates and places that you should be able to follow up on it. Starting at 1:13, he says:

If that tells us anything, what does August 30th, 1993 tell us? On that day, McCain attended a fund-raiser for the Oregon Citizens' Alliance. He can't claim he wasn't warned going in 30 protestors picketed him for endorsing the anti-gay group.

Prior to McCain's appearance there, a Republican senator, a colleague of his, Mark Hatfield, warned Senator McCain not to do it. McCain's own staffers called it "The invitation from hell," the Oregonian newspaper reported. An Arizona newspaper column previewed the speech with this headline, quote, "Hate Group Finds Friend in McCain."

And yet, McCain went, sat silently, offered no rebuke during or after the remarks of this woman, Marilyn Shannon, who praised a local woman who had just shot a doctor less than two weeks earlier. A doctor who was a former Navy flight surgeon, a sonogram pioneer, was shot in both arms because he performed legal abortions.

Unlike Ayers, who did not endorse terrorist activities during his meetings with Obama, this woman, Shannon, said of the shooter, as McCain sat there, quote, "She's a fine lady." A judge later sentenced this "fine lady" for a campaign of, yes, bombing women's clinics said, quote, "Though, I am loathed to call anyone a terrorist, you are a terrorist."

And Marilyn Shannon, who defended that terrorist, who later said her praise did not mean she approves of others doing what that terrorist did, as McCain renounced her even, she was a Bush delegate in 2004, seen here with a purple heart bandage, mocking the American combat veteran, John Kerry. This year, last month, she was a delegate for John McCain.
Mac better hope this one doesn't pick-up momentum. I've been hearing all about Ayers, but it is the first I've heard of this. Could explain why McCain didn't confront him about Ayers at the last debate.

I'm noticing a lack of McCain supporter responses to this post also. I wonder why?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
'I assumed that he had been rehabilitated'

This is BHO's new defense? :laugh: Just like every other person in BHO's political life - he "didn't know them" and now will discard them due to the political damage they bring with them.
Either BHO is incredibly naive or really just an opportunistic asshole who will step on those he doesn't need any more...

Well let's hope that old coot has the balls to bring this up in the next debate.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
I'm noticing a lack of McCain supporter responses to this post also. I wonder why?
As Cad is fond of saying, "I think this needs to be investigated further so we can learn the truth." :laugh:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
As Cad is fond of saying, "I think this needs to be investigated further so we can learn the truth." :laugh:

Go ahead. Maybe Anneberg thought he was "rehabilitated" too...:laugh:

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

Go ahead. Maybe Anneberg thought he was "rehabilitated" too...:laugh:

Too bad the same can't be said of you and your wannabe Traitor In Chief's failed campaign. :roll:

hellokeith

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2004
NYPost link

WHEN John Murtagh was 9 years old, Bill Ayers' friends tried to kill him.

"I remember my mother's pulling me from the tangle of sheets and running to the kitchen where my father stood. Through the large windows overlooking the yard, all we could see was the bright glow of flames below. We didn't leave our burning house for fear of who might be waiting outside," wrote Murtagh recently in City Journal.

It wasn't personal. John's dad was a judge presiding over a trial of some Black Panthers. John still remembers the red graffiti on the sidewalk the next morning: "Free the Panther 21; The Viet Cong Have Won; Kill the Pigs."

As best he recalls, Bernardine Dohrn, who's now Ayers' wife, first claimed credit for bombing John's home in 1970.

John Murtagh is a now lawyer and Yonkers city councilman running for the state Senate on the GOP ticket. I reached him this week through his campaign. It wasn't hard.

Has Barack Obama ever tried?

Obama was only 8 when Murtagh's house was bombed. He has nothing to do with the trauma the Murtagh family went through. But Obama was a grown man when he decided his path to power lay through Bill Ayers' connections.

In the Chicago establishment, which embraced former terrorists like Ayers and his wife, Obama was encouraged to look beyond the obvious - the lawlessness, the attacks on cops, judges, army outposts - to embrace larger goals.

What were these goals? How does Obama come to continue to associate with Ayers - a man who can't bring himself to say to John Murtagh or to John's mother or any other kin of the attacked: I'm sorry. I was wrong. It was a terrible thing to do.

Obama's campaign is busy fudging. His top political adviser claims Obama just didn't know Ayers' history when they first met. Bomber? What bomber? Right.

"If that's true, Obama has to be the dumbest man who ever graduated from Columbia University and Harvard Law School," snorts Murtagh. "I don't buy that at all."

Murtagh believes the relationship between the Obamas, Ayers and Dohrn goes back 30 years, to Michelle Obama's time at Sidley Austin, a law firm that also employed Dohrn.

Murtagh doesn't blame Obama for what Ayers and his friends did. He blames Obama for picking a man like Ayers as a friend and mentor - and then covering up the friendship.

In politics, things get complicated. Truth becomes hard to find. But not this.

"The night they attacked our home, they also firebombed an army recruiting station out in Brooklyn and police patrol cars outside of Greenwich Village," notes Murtagh. "Three weeks later, they accidentally blew themselves up. They intended to attack the officer's club at Fort Dix."

Lay your cards on the table, says Murtagh. "Obama's free to associate with Dohrn and Ayers; that's his right," he tells me. "But don't hide the relationship, and be forthcoming and let people decide the significance of it for themselves."

It is quite telling of Obama's poor judgment and win-at-all-cost unapologetic political character that he will not even give an answer to an innocent bombing victim of Obama's friend Ayers. Definitely not the kind of person that should be in the White House.

Merged

Anandtech Senior Moderator
Red Dawn

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
why should anyone listen to republican judgment on who should be in the white house after these last 8 years? My cat has better judgment then you guys.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: hellokeith
NYPost link

WHEN John Murtagh was 9 years old, Bill Ayers' friends tried to kill him.

SNIP

It is quite telling of Obama's poor judgment and win-at-all-cost unapologetic political character that he will not even give an answer to an innocent bombing victim of Obama's friend Ayers. Definitely not the kind of person that should be in the White House.

No, you'd rather have in the white house someone who appointed as their successor the most unqualified candidate in the history of the nation. Judgement? Not your best argument.

Oh, and Ayers didn't bomb that guy's house, but in your fervor to post you might have missed that fact? Why the hell does Obama need to answer for a bombing conducted when he was 8 by people he doesn't know? WTF you smoking? While we are at it I want McCain to apologize to me for the mean things Pastor Hagee said about Jews.

Obama met with ayers a few dozen times over a dozen years and served on some boards with him. Along with a bunch of Republicans. Guess they are all terrorist/traitors/etc too. Funny how anyone not a hack sees through the bs:

"It was never a concern by any of us in the Chicago school reform movement that he had led a fugitive life years earlier," said former Illinois state Republican Rep. Diana Nelson, who worked with both Obama and Ayers over the years. "It's ridiculous. There is no reason at all to smear Barack Obama with this association. It's nonsensical, and it just makes me crazy. It's so silly."

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Corbett
Originally posted by: TheSlamma
Proof Christians only forgive peoples past when it helps them out.. which in turn is proof of Social Darwinism.

You can only be forgiven if you are actually sorry for what you have done. Ayers is not and wishes he had done more.
This is why I wish you and the Muslims would just have at each other and you both go into extinction and leave the rest of us to EVOLVE.

Wheezer

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
so many people are defending Obama relationship with Ayers but if Obama had any sort of relationship with McVeigh or Kaczynski after the fact.....would that also be ok?

They are all domestic terrorists right?...or does that label only belong after a certain number of dead or by the size of the explosion?

so tell me what is the difference between these three men?

and don't use the lame excuse of motivation....who gives a fuck what "motivated" them....a bomb is a bomb....it does not care about the motivation of the person that planted it.

Merged

Anandtech Senior Moderator
Red Dawn

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
You're out of touch.

The stock market is crashing.

Unemployment is going through the roof.

Nobody cares about that stuff anymore.

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
I heard last night on some late night talk radio show that Ayers was in the reception hall at the second presidential debate. I didn't catch all of the details, supposedly saw him on a youtube video. How weird is that?