Palin says: "Obama pals around with terrorists"

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Originally posted by: Harvey
OK. Now try refuting the fact that there is ABSOLUTELY NO evidence of a connection between Obama and Ayres beyond what has been established by the evidence. They were both on the board of a public service board that helped schools, and Ayers contributed $200 to Obama's first campaign for state office.
Harvey it is more than serving on a board and $200.

First, Obama was chair on one of those board Ayers was co-chair.

Obama wrote a cover blurb for Ayers book!

And then check out this link from 1997
link
Ayers, who spent a year observing the Cook County Temporary Juvenile Detention Center in Chicago, is one of four panelists who will speak on juvenile justice at 6 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 20, in the C-Shop. The panel, which marks the 100th anniversary of the juvenile justice system in the United States, is part of the Community Service Center's monthly discussion series on issues affecting the city of Chicago. The event is free and open to the public.

Ayers will be joined by Sen. Barack Obama, Senior Lecturer in the Law School....
and this one from 2002
link
Intellectuals in Times of Crisis
Experiences and applications of intellectual work in urgent situations.

William Ayers, UIC, College of Education; author of Fugitive Days
Douglass Cassel, Northwestern University, Center for International Human Rights
Cathy Cohen, University of Chicago, Political Science
Salim Muwakkil, Chicago Tribune; In These Times
Barack Obama, Illinois State Senator
The second was AFTER Ayers came out and said that he did not regret setting bombs!!!!!

Christ man, why are you so desperate to pin Ayers to anyone . .

It's well known on the internet that you hang out in the company of McOwen

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk

Have any proof to back up that lie??

I don't even respond to Dave's posts. Not worth the time it takes.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk

Have any proof to back up that lie??

I don't even respond to Dave's posts. Not worth the time it takes.
You're right ProJo, I think he has mistaken you for McGowens. Wingnuts, Nutcases, kind of the same animal to most laymen.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

And I've addressed that. Palin can't claim that to be "truth" and BHO can't claim that he's just a guy in the neighborhood as "truth". There is too much not known for either side to claim "truth".

More of your BULLSHIT!! The only issue where "too much not known" is the vapor you can't prove because it isn't there and your utter blind partisan hack ignorance.

Also, you'd have to be an absolute moron to claim she said he is a terrorist. Ayers is an unrepentant terrorist and BHO's connection is unverified.

"Unverified" relative to what? You're demanding that those who know you're full of shit should prove a negative by providing non-existent evidence of non-exisitent crimes and non-exisitent motives.

However, since you're so into pimping relationships, does that mean we now get to dig up the details of Mr. Palin's membership in the Alaskan Independence Party, a party that advocates Alaska should secede from the Union and Sarah Palin's recorded greeting for their convention?... hmmm.... :shocked:

I'm Governor Sarah Palin, and I am delighted to welcome you to the 2008 Alaskan Indepenence Party convention in the golden heart city, Fairbanks. Your party plays an important role in our state's politics. I've always said that competition is so good, and that applies to political parties, as well.

I share your party's vision of upholding the Constitution of our great state. My administration remains focused on reigning in government growth so individual liberty and opportunity can expand. I know you agree with that.

We have a great promise to be a self sufficient state made up of the hardest working, most grateful Americans in our nation.

So, as your convention gets under way, I hope that you all are inspired by remembering that all those years ago, it was in this same city that Alaska's Constitution was born. And it was founded on hope and trust and liberty and opportunity.

I carry that message of opportunity forward in my administration as we continue to move our state ahead and create positive change I say, good luck on a successful and inspiring convention. Keep up the good work. God bless you.

On the Alaska Independence Party's homepage, their Founder, Joseph Vogler says:

I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America and her damned institutions.

Sarah Palin says:

Your party plays an important role in our state's politics.

Sarah Palin says:

good luck on a successful and inspiring convention. Keep up the good work.

Which Sarah Palin said that? The candidate for Vice President of the United States, or the one who hangs with terrorist like Vogel and her husband who have "no use for America and her damned institutions" and advocate that Alaska should secede from the union? :shocked:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: jbourne77
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
Originally posted by: yowolabi
Originally posted by: Vic
Answer this question for me.

When did Obama learn that Ayers had been a terrorist. And what was his reaction.

When did Walter Annenberg learn that Ayers had been a terrorist? And what was his reaction?
When did Annenberg's widow and the head of the Annenberg Foundation, Leonore Annenberg learn that Ayers had been a terrorist? And what was her reaction? And did that reaction come before or after she endorsed John McCain?

Wait, she trusts Ayers and endorses McCain? So McCain is in the same inner circle as a terrorist? Why didn't he reject the endorsement from someone who funds terrorists? What was his reaction when he found out?

!!!
Because McCain will do anything to win, and accept money from anyone. It's also the reason why he hasn't brought up Ayers during the debate, Obama would powerslam him with this in a rebuttal.

McCain hasn't brought this up because he knows that many people - especially the extreme Left - are either too stupid or too stubborn to differentiate between questioning Obama's judgment and flat-out calling him a terrorist.

WTF? Can you read? The same people who funded Ayers' school charity are also some of McCain's (and the Republican party in general) biggest long-time financial backers.
In other words, this whole guilt-by-association bit with Ayers points both ways. McCain gets some of his money from the same (major) source as Ayers.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: TheSlamma
Proof Christians only forgive peoples past when it helps them out.. which in turn is proof of Social Darwinism.

You can only be forgiven if you are actually sorry for what you have done. Ayers is not and wishes he had done more.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Corbett
Do you think the same criteria should apply to McCain? His supporters better hope not because McCain's associated with far worse.

What is "far worse" than a domestic terrorist?
Racists, Frauds, Foreign Terrorists, Adulteresses, etc. Kind of sounds like the company Jesus kept back in the day.

Racists, Frauds and Adulteresses are worse than terrorists? WHAT A JOKE.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Genx87
Palin addressing the Alaska Independence Party, a radical secessionist party that her husband was a registered member of from 1995 to 2000, from the Alaska governor's office for their convention earlier this year.

The AIP gathered enough signatures to put a secessionist referendum on the state ballot in Fall 2006, but a state court decision had the referendum removed on the basis that secession from the US is illegal.

Hey, she opened the door herself with her own comments. Who pals around with terrorists? Or, in this case, traitors?

Are you joking? You earlier tried to equate Obama's ties to a radical domestic terrorist to Palin having the same relationships with abortion clinic bombers and Tim McVeigh and all you can post is a 1:30 clip of her addressing the AIP as a governor? Give me a break.

I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself. I'll be waiting.

That was really lame. I dont have an opinion on Ayers. But addressing a convention welcoming them is a gross violation of what again?

And serving on a charity board a few years back with Ayers, who was never convicted of any crime, is a gross violation of what again?

So I'm glad you agree that this whole line of attack is lame.

You DO know there is more to it then just the "charity board", right?

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: ayabe
Do you think the same criteria should apply to McCain? His supporters better hope not because McCain's associated with far worse.

Supporting abortion clinic bombers as McCain has repeatedly.

Proof? Links?

Obama hasn't in any way ever expressed support for anything Ayers or any other radical group did during the Vietnam war.

You are right, he hasn't that I know of. However, that doesn't excuse his launching his political career from the home of an unrepentant terrorist.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: feralkid

A reformed unconvicted one?

"Ayers worked with Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley in shaping the city's school reform program,[36]and was one of three co-authors of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge grant proposal that in 1995 won $49.2 million over five years for public school reform.[37] In 1997 Chicago awarded him its Citizen of the Year award for his work on the project.[38] Since 1999 he has served on the board of directors of the Woods Fund of Chicago, an anti-poverty, philanthropic foundation established as the Woods Charitable Fund in 1941.[39]According to Ayers, his radical past occasionally affects him, as when, by his account, he was asked not to attend a progressive educators' conference in the fall of 2006 on the basis that the organizers did not want to risk an association with his past.[40]"

Oh, that's right, everyone in Chicago has been duped by terrorists.

What poor judgement they all have.

Annenberg foundation has long been focused on domestic terror.

Yet, Ayers says he wishes he would have done more damage when he was bombing buildings.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

Racists, Frauds, Foreign Terrorists, Adulteresses, etc. Kind of sounds like the company Jesus kept back in the day.

You have to love the thinking of the left, he forgot to add an American soldier.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005

When did Obama learn that Ayers had been a terrorist. And what was his reaction.

When did Walter Annenberg learn that Ayers had been a terrorist? And what was his reaction?
When did Annenberg's widow and the head of the Annenberg Foundation, Leonore Annenberg learn that Ayers had been a terrorist? And what was her reaction? And did that reaction come before or after she endorsed John McCain?

Wait, she trusts Ayers and endorses McCain? So McCain is in the same inner circle as a terrorist? Why didn't he reject the endorsement from someone who funds terrorists? What was his reaction when he found out?

!!!
Because McCain will do anything to win, and accept money from anyone. It's also the reason why he hasn't brought up Ayers during the debate, Obama would powerslam him with this in a rebuttal.

McCain hasn't brought this up because he knows that many people - especially the extreme Left - are either too stupid or too stubborn to differentiate between questioning Obama's judgment and flat-out calling him a terrorist.

WTF? Can you read? The same people who funded Ayers' school charity are also some of McCain's (and the Republican party in general) biggest long-time financial backers.
In other words, this whole guilt-by-association bit with Ayers points both ways. McCain gets some of his money from the same (major) source as Ayers.

So now we're on to guild by association by association? I can read, Vic... sometimes I think you're plain brain dead, though.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

!!!

So now we're on to guild by association by association? I can read, Vic... sometimes I think you're plain brain dead, though.

Why sometimes?

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Proof? Links?

Sorry this is so quick and without my usual complete set of first generation links, but see this piece from Keith Olbermann's Countdown. He cites enough names, dates and places that you should be able to follow up on it. Starting at 1:13, he says:

If that tells us anything, what does August 30th, 1993 tell us? On that day, McCain attended a fund-raiser for the Oregon Citizens' Alliance. He can't claim he wasn't warned going in 30 protestors picketed him for endorsing the anti-gay group.

Prior to McCain's appearance there, a Republican senator, a colleague of his, Mark Hatfield, warned Senator McCain not to do it. McCain's own staffers called it "The invitation from hell," the Oregonian newspaper reported. An Arizona newspaper column previewed the speech with this headline, quote, "Hate Group Finds Friend in McCain."

And yet, McCain went, sat silently, offered no rebuke during or after the remarks of this woman, Marilyn Shannon, who praised a local woman who had just shot a doctor less than two weeks earlier. A doctor who was a former Navy flight surgeon, a sonogram pioneer, was shot in both arms because he performed legal abortions.

Unlike Ayers, who did not endorse terrorist activities during his meetings with Obama, this woman, Shannon, said of the shooter, as McCain sat there, quote, "She's a fine lady." A judge later sentenced this "fine lady" for a campaign of, yes, bombing women's clinics said, quote, "Though, I am loathed to call anyone a terrorist, you are a terrorist."

And Marilyn Shannon, who defended that terrorist, who later said her praise did not mean she approves of others doing what that terrorist did, as McCain renounced her even, she was a Bush delegate in 2004, seen here with a purple heart bandage, mocking the American combat veteran, John Kerry. This year, last month, she was a delegate for John McCain.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

!!!

This isn't guilt by association by association... it seems you don't know who the Annenbergs are in American politics. They almost single-handedly funded Reagan. Now they fund Ayers.
And how do you respond to this? With partisan hack bullshit, ironically saying that many people are too stupid or too stubborn, when you're obviously one of those, just on the other side from the side you were talking about.

Ayers is, was, and will be a non-issue in this election, except as a rallying cry for the extreme right who was going to vote McCain regardless. The same ones who call Obama a Muslim or a Marxist. OH TEH NOES!

Next thing yaknow, they'll be dragging up some guy from Obama's high school class that ended up in prison. How much did Obama know about him and when did he know it??

Viditor

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999

But this Joe McCarthy campaign being waged IS worse than terrorists...
A terrorist will kill people and make society afraid...this campaign makes people afraid and erodes our entire society.

Death is bad, but the reason people actually give their lives for freedom (like the freedom to not be judged based on some arcane association) is that most Americans actually think that the freedom is more important than their lives.

Viditor

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Obama hasn't in any way ever expressed support for anything Ayers or any other radical group did during the Vietnam war.

You are right, he hasn't that I know of. However, that doesn't excuse his launching his political career from the home of an unrepentant terrorist.

You are right...because there's nothing to be excused from.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

It is if he wasn't aware of Ayers past which he claims, a claim that's totally believable given his inexperience being a neophyte in the political arena. Now if he had launched his senatorial career or Presidential run he would have some "splainin" to do. Now I know that you twisted Wingnuts won't find it inexcusable but that doesn't matter to anybody but other bitter Wingnuts.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Harvey

Proof? Links?

Sorry this is so quick and without my usual complete set of first generation links, but see this piece from Keith Olbermann's Countdown. He cites enough names, dates and places that you should be able to follow up on it. Starting at 1:13, he says:

If that tells us anything, what does August 30th, 1993 tell us? On that day, McCain attended a fund-raiser for the Oregon Citizens' Alliance. He can't claim he wasn't warned going in 30 protestors picketed him for endorsing the anti-gay group.

Prior to McCain's appearance there, a Republican senator, a colleague of his, Mark Hatfield, warned Senator McCain not to do it. McCain's own staffers called it "The invitation from hell," the Oregonian newspaper reported. An Arizona newspaper column previewed the speech with this headline, quote, "Hate Group Finds Friend in McCain."

And yet, McCain went, sat silently, offered no rebuke during or after the remarks of this woman, Marilyn Shannon, who praised a local woman who had just shot a doctor less than two weeks earlier. A doctor who was a former Navy flight surgeon, a sonogram pioneer, was shot in both arms because he performed legal abortions.

Unlike Ayers, who did not endorse terrorist activities during his meetings with Obama, this woman, Shannon, said of the shooter, as McCain sat there, quote, "She's a fine lady." A judge later sentenced this "fine lady" for a campaign of, yes, bombing women's clinics said, quote, "Though, I am loathed to call anyone a terrorist, you are a terrorist."

And Marilyn Shannon, who defended that terrorist, who later said her praise did not mean she approves of others doing what that terrorist did, as McCain renounced her even, she was a Bush delegate in 2004, seen here with a purple heart bandage, mocking the American combat veteran, John Kerry. This year, last month, she was a delegate for John McCain.
Mac better hope this one doesn't pick-up momentum. I've been hearing all about Ayers, but it is the first I've heard of this. Could explain why McCain didn't confront him about Ayers at the last debate.