Palin e-mails to be releases for public viewing.

5to1baby1in5

Golden Member
Apr 27, 2001
These are the e-mails between private yahoo e-mail accounts and Alaska.gov e-mail accounts.

Although Palin ran for governor on a platform of openness and transparency in government, it became clear when she was running for vice president that she and her aides had moved much of their email traffic on public matters to private Yahoo accounts, presumably out of reach of the state's public records law.

The e-mails are at:

http://palinemail.msnbc.msn.com

on-line later today.

Link to story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43281157/ns/politics-more_politics

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Unless the State needs to block some of them for reasons of privacy or other valid reasons, then all emails with one or more Alaska.gov addresses should be open under the same rules as any other government account. I don't know if that means making them public.

finglobes

Dec 13, 2010
It's pretty telling that the Washington Post and New York Times are looking for volunteers to poor through all these old emails. The Dems really hate her - I mean she makes them implode.

People say its because Palin is good looking but thats only part of it. Palin really exploded the abortion thing. Many women would abort their babies so as not to hold their careers back. Then there is Palin who didn't abort a handicapped kid and who was a good looking and successful national leader. That hate her because she reminds them of how they lost the character she still has. I saw that as someone that doesn't want her a POTUS. She's more effective working the margins.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
People say its because Palin is good looking but thats only part of it. Palin really exploded the abortion thing. Many women would abort their babies so as not to hold their careers back. Then there is Palin who didn't abort a handicapped kid and who was a good looking and successful national leader. That hate her because she reminds them of how they lost the character she still has. .

Seriously? This is what you came up with?

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Palin's e-mails? Great. For the love all things pure and good, I hope no one ever releases the e-mails of The Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Hey, if it keeps the looney left fringe busy and frothing at the mouth reading all the evil emails, no problem with me :)

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
So I expect Fox News to have the emails as well, since it is the Republican people that really care so much about Palin. Right? Or is it that the left cares so much about hating on her that they keep her in the spotlight? Either way, she just needs to go away.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Its Alaska state law that all Alaska government business become public record. It does not discriminate against Palin, it covers all State officials.

Now that the Palin E-mails will be released soon, various organizations, both Public and private will examine those e-mails for evidence of illegal or highly unethical activity.

If Sarah Palin hid nothing, she has no reason to worry, but if she did, she may become not only political toast, she could go to jail.

But why engage in speculation, the emails are yet not released, so why make baseless guess's on what they will show?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
The scandal was that she was trying to use a private account to evade the state laws requiring her government e-mail to be public.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I wonder if these are the emails from Palin's yahoo account that kid went to prison for hacking into it. Would be pretty sad-someone get imprisoned for exposing information that was wrongfully suppressed info, while the party wrongfully suppressing the information becomes a multimillionaire.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Its Alaska state law that all Alaska government business become public record. It does not discriminate against Palin, it covers all State officials.

Now that the Palin E-mails will be released soon, various organizations, both Public and private will examine those e-mails for evidence of illegal or highly unethical activity.

If Sarah Palin hid nothing, she has no reason to worry, but if she did, she may become not only political toast, she could go to jail.

But why engage in speculation, the emails are yet not released, so why make baseless guess's on what they will show?

LOL. You just contradicted your self one sentence later!

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
I wonder if these are the emails from Palin's yahoo account that kid went to prison for hacking into it. Would be pretty sad-someone get imprisoned for exposing information that was wrongfully suppressed info, while the party wrongfully suppressing the information becomes a multimillionaire.

You don't see the difference between a Politician wanting to keep their emails private (At least for a certain period) and someone hacking into said email? So you think Obama's emails to his staff should be public record the instant he sends them?

Duder1no

Nov 1, 2010
It's pretty telling that the Washington Post and New York Times are looking for volunteers to poor through all these old emails. The Dems really hate her - I mean she makes them implode.

People say its because Palin is good looking but thats only part of it. Palin really exploded the abortion thing. Many women would abort their babies so as not to hold their careers back. Then there is Palin who didn't abort a handicapped kid and who was a good looking and successful national leader. That hate her because she reminds them of how they lost the character she still has. I saw that as someone that doesn't want her a POTUS. She's more effective working the margins.

thank you for a good laugh

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004

Ah yes, seems she wore an Arctic Cat jacket on more than one occasion!!!! Get Her!!!

If Sarah Palin hid nothing, she has no reason to worry,

Well said! And with that, please post your full email history covering the last three years. If you've done nothing illegal, then you have nothing to worry about!

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
The Dem machine of course. Got to get their base fired up about something for 2012 after their O'Bummer... Why else do you think MSNBC is going through all the trouble?

Yes.

A huge fishing expedition. Political opposition research.

25,000 documents over a 24 month period? Damn, that's a lot of documents. Somone's really cranking out docs.

Seems a huge waste to me. The state had to go through them all and redeact out sensitive info etc. So I doubt if anything of real interest (short of twisting/spining) could be found. And we wonder why our gov blows so much money.

Fern

RedChief

Dec 20, 2004

And why is the press having such a field going through emails of a former governor who is now a private citizen? Or why haven't they done the same with Blago or Spitzers emails?

All these emails do is show (again) that the press such as the NYTimes, WaPost and MSNBC are just extensions of the democratic party.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
The scandal was that she was trying to use a private account to evade the state laws requiring her government e-mail to be public.

Please tell me what scandal she is involved in. Investigations usually have probable cause before they can proceed. What is your probable cause? Why are we not opening up all of Rep. Weiner's personal emails for public viewing?

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Please tell me what scandal she is involved in.

What was unclear the first time?

It's similar to Bush administration officials doing the same basic thing.

Investigations usually have probable cause before they can proceed. What is your probable cause? Why are we not opening up all of Rep. Weiner's personal emails for public viewing?

Knowing of her doing state business on a private e-mail address is more than needed for 'probable cause', which probably is not a standard involved here anyway.

Her non-government e-mails are not being released, and Rep. Weiner's e-mails were pretty clearly not 'government business', not to mention different rules applying.