Palin doesn't believe & mocks genetics? CNN Reports.

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
I was watching a bit of CNN out of the door today and I overheard them discussing how Palin mocked Genetics as a "Joke" in terms of medical experimentation and has everything to do with these so-called "Fruit Flies" that have lead to the discovery of things like Autism. Where's the story on this? Unless I'm missing something here. If she doesn't believe in genetics, I don't even know what to say... It's beyond disbelief..

I mean there is literally, no words that I can think of

The pundits shift directly off of this to some other topic completely unrelated... I can only shake my head on how this passes past anyones judgment. Unless these supporters are unrelenting god fanatics who believe in witchcraft and humans walked along with dinosaurs 6000 years ago.

:disgust:

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Sadly, due to the miracle of genetics, idiots reproduce faster. Humans have transcended Darwinian survival of the fittest, and substituted survival of the twitest.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
God makes kids look like their parents so that they won't lose them inside Super Wal-Marts.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Sadly, due to the miracle of genetics, idiots reproduce faster. Humans have transcended Darwinian survival of the fittest, and substituted survival of the twitest.

Damn ideas of personal choice and personal responsibility.

;)

Coldkilla

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2004
I'd like to hear someone to seriously come on here and defend her ideology and tell me how she will advance science in the 21st century in the United States in the event that McCain dies on day one?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Coldkilla
I'd like to hear someone to seriously come on here and defend her ideology and tell me how she will advance science in the 21st century in the United States in the event that McCain dies on day one?

She won't advance science. Science is based on reason. The Christian right has rejected reason and has regressed to a pre-Enlightenment world view where faith defines reality.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
[Palin's Brain]Contradicts Creation and Homosexual Immorality. Must downplay the foolishness of Science.[/]

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
This thread still sucks sh*t, I have to say, without somebody producing a link or something. God knows I want to mock like all of us, but let's make sure we're armed first.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
This

link has it. I don't see anything here beyond her not understanding what that study was for. It appears a stretch to say she's mocking the idea of genetics. Maybe she didn't know, kind of like how McCain didn't know what the $3M "Projector" earmark was for (not that I necessarily agree with that one, though).

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Skoorb
This

link has it. I don't see anything here beyond her not understanding what that study was for. It appears a stretch to say she's mocking the idea of genetics. Maybe she didn't know, kind of like how McCain didn't know what the $3M "Projector" earmark was for (not that I necessarily agree with that one, though).

Ah ok, that's not nearly as bad as the OP put it.

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
The funny thing about Palin is that today she's harping about how the repugs are gonna take care of the special needs children and yet as Gov of AK she was against any funding for such. Can't believe the dems aren't all over this already.

Oct 27, 2007
This

Every time I hear that stupid wise and beautiful woman speak I want to deep fry her face. Idiot.

Regardless of political affiliation, that kind of commentary is not appropriate here, and totally unhelpful to the discussion. Please try and at least pretend we're having at least a glimmer of a civilized conversation here.

Rainsford
AnandTech P&N Moderator

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Originally posted by: conehead433
What were you expecting? She's a brunette bible thumping, retarded, redneck, idiot, that can't balance her own check book, can't figure out how to come up with a decent password, dipshit, bimbo.

Fixed for ya.... According to her logic, man walked with the dinosaur's and evolution is a bunch of BS.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: GodlessAstronomer
This

Every time I hear that stupid wise and beautiful woman speak I want to deep fry her face. Idiot.

Quoted just in case you a girl ever researches you online.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Think of all the money we can save, lets fire all them high priced scientists, and replace them with for free Gideon Bibles. We will be back in the stone age before you know it. Bring back Ptolemy, that is theology I can embrace. The only thing that bothers me is that walking with dinosaurs stuff, I don't think I would like to bump into T-Rex on my morning walk.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
This

Is this the face of the typical tolerant liberal?

Lefties, I pose to you a question. As is common here lately, I've seen several links to videos of alleged rednecks calling Obama the N word and other such nastiness. I assume those supposed racist rednecks would not be calling Obama the N word were he not black. It is also safe to assume that GodlessAstronomer would not be calling Palin a "wise and beautiful woman" had she not been a woman. Justify to me any opinions of differientation regarding the bigotry and behavior between GodlessAstronomer and the rednecks in the youtube vids that seem to be popping up lately.

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: Corn
This

Lefties, I pose to you a question. As is common here lately, I've seen several links to videos of alleged rednecks calling Obama the N word and other such nastiness. I assume those supposed racist rednecks would not be calling Obama the N word were he not black. It is also safe to assume that GodlessAstronomer would not be calling Palin a "wise and beautiful woman" had she not been a woman. Justify to me any opinions of differientation regarding the bigotry and behavior between GodlessAstronomer and the rednecks in the youtube vids that seem to be popping up lately.

Are the rednecks a proper representation of the right?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This

There isn't any difference.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Originally posted by: sandorski
This

Ah ok, that's not nearly as bad as the OP put it.

I would still expect my public officials... or at least the people that tell them what to say... to be more well versed on such things.

Maybe Palin's problem is she doesn't have enough people pulling her strings.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
The knowledge and insights gained from fruit fly research are legion.

To dismiss such research out of hand represents security in ignorance.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Originally posted by: jackschmittusa
The knowledge and insights gained from fruit fly research are legion.

To dismiss such research out of hand represents security in ignorance.

The kid of ignorance you get if you don't watch the discovery channel. MIT teaches biology to everyone because it is so important in today's world. Does this mean you can't find knowledgeable people to surround yourself when you do become the decision maker?

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Originally posted by: RichardE
This

Well.......after review of many posts from the lefties in this forum regarding that particular topic, the clear picture they paint is that a vote for McCain equals racism or stupidity. For all practical purposes, I'm not sure that one is any more offensive than the other.......... How is that for an answer to your question?

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Originally posted by: RichardE

No, actually. That would be like saying people who make home-made yogurt out of soy-milk are a proper representation of the left.

People cluster around ideologies that they integrate into their pattern of thinking for a number of reasons. For both of the aforementioned stereotypical persons ignorance plays a role, but so to does a desire to be part of a social-circle, to fit in, to be part of the group.

We are having tribe-warfare in America and it looks like the blue tribe is going to win this time around. But deciding what color you support does not need to be predicated on the decisions of others who have supported that color.