Palin church wants to 'pray away the gay'.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Going to keep away from the politics, but "pray away the gay" is a hillarious ryhme.

Edit: Corrected for horrible mispelling of rythme.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Imp
Going to keep away from the politics, but "Pray Away the Gay" is a hilarious rythme.

It approaches the rhythm/rhyme of a Jesse Jackson chant.

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
How is this:
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Man you are a nut job.
related to this:
Instead of talking about Palin's church and its associations why don't we talk about the two people at the top of the ticket?

You guys seem to have forgot that this is McCain v. Obama, not Palin v. Obama.

I'm a nut job because I'm posting in a thread you think shouldn't exist? Tell me why I'm a nut job. Tell me at what point in any of my posts, I have become dangerously unhinged from reality, instead of just trying to shift the topic.

It's seriously sickening to see people defending Palin just because she's on their "side". And if you attack her, you MUST be on the Obama's "side", and thus give them a ready-made straw man to attack. Fuck you, and fuck your sides.

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
When you look at the disaster of the last 8 years and listen to folk support MeSame, you know they are idiots, but unfortunately they number in the millions are visible one a minute. People aren't just idiots, they have a need to be idiots. Only an idiot can avoid self-recognition.

We are a nation of morons. Sad but true.

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Red DawnYeah just because she has nut case religious beliefs doesn't mean she's been able to force them on others mostly thanks to the separation of church and state.

...unless you're talking about what she'd like to do the town library...

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: 1prophetObviously much more care about gay rights (chairs on the deck) than about the hole in the side of the ship (the economy and the crooks that are wrecking it) that is why the republicans push such issues so hard so the brainwashed public doesn't pay attention to the things like the recent wall street bailouts and the democrats get caught up in it every time.

Religion has been used as an opiate of the masses for centuries. The Republicans are doing a good job of using it to placate the lower class masses so that they'll continue to support the wealthy class.

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: RightIsWrongApparently, ~90% of the US population thinks that it is impossible to do without some sort of deity in your life guiding you on how to accomplish it.

Like I said...nation of morons...nation of dumb sheep.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: WhipperSnapper
Originally posted by: RightIsWrongApparently, ~90% of the US population thinks that it is impossible to do without some sort of deity in your life guiding you on how to accomplish it.

I guess your willingness to accept that statistic proves your point.

Oct 30, 2004
Originally posted by: alchemize
Originally posted by: WhipperSnapper

I guess your willingness to accept that statistic proves your point.

Who says that I accepted it? I think it's a high percentage, but probably not 90%.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Originally posted by: DangerAardvark
Christian fundamentalists have shown again and again, absolutely no respect for the separation of church and state. Most simply don't believe in it, including, apparently, John "Christian nation" McCain. As an active participant in that church, she shows exactly where she's coming from on the issue of gay rights. Why shouldn't we care as much about her opinions on this issue as any other?
Man you are a nut job.

Instead of talking about Palin's church and its associations why don't we talk about the two people at the top of the ticket?

You guys seem to have forgot that this is McCain v. Obama, not Palin v. Obama.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well alright already, in that case McCain for Prez is a wash then?

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Obama's Church hates white people

Palin's Church hates gays

Praying for someone to turn from their sins is now hating them? Got it.

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: Corbett

Hating a sin that defines someones life means hating them, but morons try to excuse that in oh so many different ways because you don't want your freedom of choice hating ways to come across the way they are intended.

STOP calling yourself anything other than religious fascists because that is all you are.

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield
Originally posted by: Corbett

Hating a sin that defines someones life means hating them, but morons try to excuse that in oh so many different ways because you don't want your freedom of choice hating ways to come across the way they are intended.

STOP calling yourself anything other than religious fascists because that is all you are.

Then why are there so many prison ministries in the United States? Why would Christian groups witness to and try to help those who have already been convicted of crimes such as murder and rape?