"Palin and McCain administration"?

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
That's one freudian slip. Looks like Sarah really has her eyes on the big prize.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/US.../09/19/6815546-ap.html

She reminds me of that fairy tale about the frog who wanted to best a bull and kept huffing and puffing to make itself look bigger... until it blew.

Une grenouille vit un boeuf
Qui lui sembla de belle taille.
Elle, qui n'était pas grosse en tout comme un oeuf,
Envieuse, s'étend, et s'enfle, et se travaille,
Pour égaler l'animal en grosseur.
Disant : " Regardez bien ma soeur;
Est-ce assez ? dites-moi; n'y suis-je point encore ?
Nenni. - M'y voici donc ? - Point du tout.
M'y voilà ?
Vous n'en approchez point "
La chétive pécore.
S'enfla si bien qu'elle creva.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Hmm, I didn't think calling him her running mate was a gaff. What does a VP candidate call the P candidate?

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
Like I said when Obama introduced Biden as "the next President of the United States", and a few days later when Biden started a sentence with "When I'm President"... who cares? On a gaff scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is asking a parapeligic to stand up, 5 is waving hello to blind guy, and 10 is tellling the American people bluntly "I'm going to raise your taxes", that would be a -1.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: QED
Like I said when Obama introduced Biden as "the next President of the United States", and a few days later when Biden started a sentence with "When I'm President"... who cares? On a gaff scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is asking a parapeligic to stand up, 5 is waving hello to blind guy, and 10 is tellling the American people bluntly "I'm going to raise your taxes", that would be a -1.

5% of Americans. People can tell the difference, try as hard as you want to obfucscate.

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Dari

5% of Americans. People can tell the difference, try as hard as you want to obfucscate.

Uhhh... I wasn't talking about Obama. I was talking about Mondale's famous pledge.

:confused:

EDIT: And "waving hello to a blind guy" was GWB who waved to Stevie Wonder, in case you missed that one as well.

sonambulo

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2004

u mad

QED

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2005
Originally posted by: sonambulo

u mad

How so?