Palin agrees to interview

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Well this should help end some of the noise on the left.

The Democrats would be foolish to underestimate her.
When she won the governorship in AK she did it by beating the current governor in the primary and the former governor in the general election.
link
Under pressure for being shielded for questioning, Sarah Palin has a agreed to sit down with Charles Gibson of ABC?s ?World News Tonight,? according to an ABC News official.

No other interviews are scheduled. It will be the first TV interview for Palin since she was named 10 days ago as running mate to John McCain.

Palin had planned to return to Alaska this weekend but is so popular on the stump that she is going to stay out a few more days before returning home. One of her sons deploys to Iraq on Thursday.

Palin plans to sit down with Gibson later this week in Alaska, the source said.

The McCain campaign kept her off Sunday shows this weekend and plans to be sparing with high-risk network encounters, which they contend are unimportant to voters despite the media?s fixation on them.

But McCain officials could see her reticence was feeding the narrative of her being unprepared for the job.

Joe Biden of Delaware, her counterpart on the Democratic ticket, challenged her Sunday to submit to network questioning.

?She's a smart, tough politician,? Biden told Tom Brokaw in a ?Meet the Press? interview live from Wilmington, Del. ?So I think she's going to be formidable. Eventually, she's going to have to sit in front of you like I'm doing and have done. Eventually, she's going to have to answer questions and not be sequestered. Eventually, she's going to have to answer on the record.?

bdude

Golden Member
Feb 9, 2004
Meh, a 20 minute interview won't do anything but reinforce the arguments on either side.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Well this should help end some of the noise on the left.

The Democrats would be foolish to underestimate her.
When she won the governorship in AK she did it by beating the current governor in the primary and the former governor in the general election.
link
Under pressure for being shielded for questioning, Sarah Palin has a agreed to sit down with Charles Gibson of ABC?s ?World News Tonight,? according to an ABC News official.

No other interviews are scheduled. It will be the first TV interview for Palin since she was named 10 days ago as running mate to John McCain.

Palin had planned to return to Alaska this weekend but is so popular on the stump that she is going to stay out a few more days before returning home. One of her sons deploys to Iraq on Thursday.

Palin plans to sit down with Gibson later this week in Alaska, the source said.

The McCain campaign kept her off Sunday shows this weekend and plans to be sparing with high-risk network encounters, which they contend are unimportant to voters despite the media?s fixation on them.

But McCain officials could see her reticence was feeding the narrative of her being unprepared for the job.

Joe Biden of Delaware, her counterpart on the Democratic ticket, challenged her Sunday to submit to network questioning.

?She's a smart, tough politician,? Biden told Tom Brokaw in a ?Meet the Press? interview live from Wilmington, Del. ?So I think she's going to be formidable. Eventually, she's going to have to sit in front of you like I'm doing and have done. Eventually, she's going to have to answer questions and not be sequestered. Eventually, she's going to have to answer on the record.?

So, they're getting her prepped for offering some canned 'acceptable answers', just as Bush was the 'compassonionate conservative' who wanted a "humble foreign policy".

And they'll prep her for canned answers for her debate coming up. Too bad they can't run more honestly with her 'real views' better exposed before she has power.

The lengths to which they're going to avoid her being 'exposed' shows how they have a lot to hide. They wouldn't do it otherwise, they'd eat up the publicity.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Funny, somebody predicted that she would grant interviews to the following people

1. Sean Hannity
2. Larry King
3. CHARLIE GIBSON

Softballs away! It's a damn shame Tim Russert never got his chance with Palin :(

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Craig, could it be they have not put her on TV because they don't want her to have to answer a bunch of BS questions about her personal life?

Get back to me after the interview.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
"about time"???

It's been all of a 9 days? Sheesh...

Also the "news" article is BS as it's premise is that she was to be "shielded" - which was never the case. If you people would read the other thread, I posted the interview which some(the left and the media) got the twisted idea that she was going to be "shielded". It certainly wasn't what they twisted it into.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
welcome to modern politics -- any time a candidate expresses "real views," they get their words pulled out of context and hammered on by the opposition.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: loki8481
welcome to modern politics -- any time a candidate expresses "real views," they get their words pulled out of context and hammered on by the opposition.

That's always been the process, where they then respond and people decide who they believe. You don't have them not participate heavily because of it, unless there's a reason.

No one in a long time had their words twisted totally dishonestly than Kerry and Gore, but you didn't see them not talk to the media.

That's an EXCUSE, not a legitimate argument.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
"about time"???

Also the "news" article is BS as it's premise is that she was to be "shielded" - which was never the case. If you people would read the other thread, I posted the interview which some(the left and the media) got the twisted idea that she was going to be "shielded". It certainly wasn't what they twisted it into.

What I find funny is everyone is bitching about her being shielded.

WTF? It is the job of the communications director to shield their politician in office or running for election from negative press.

Bottom line is, politicians dont just let the media come to them at their own will. Every politician(atleast good one) is always prepped for any interview they do.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999

Color me highly unimpressed so far. Time will tell how this all shakes out, though.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
She's going to go on every softball show she can.

Hannity, "Governor, if I weren't gay and madly in love with the corpse of Ronald Reagan, I would totally hit that. How do you explain you being so hawt and Obama being such an ugly muslim negro terrorist?"

Zedtom

Platinum Member
Nov 23, 2001
Maybe she should ask Michael Vick what happens to pitbulls that wimp out when the going gets tough.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Wreckem
"about time"???

WTF? It is the job of the communications director to shield their politician in office or running for election from negative press.

Bottom line is, politicians dont just let the media come to them at their own will. Every politician(atleast good one) is always prepped for any interview they do.

Thank you disciple wreckem for your completely predictable arguing for whatever the right-wing does, including this rationalization of avoiding media interaction.

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Craig234
"about time"???

Thank you disciple wreckem for your completely predictable arguing for whatever the right-wing does, including this rationalization of avoiding media interaction.

Blame the Obama/Pelosi attack arm AKA MSM. Maybe if the did not drag her minor daughter through the mud she would be more receptive to inverviews. I don't see Obama going on Hannity or Rush shows and for good reason. The MSM has been mean spirited and hostile towards the Palin family.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
Originally posted by: quest55720
"about time"???

Blame the Obama/Pelosi attack arm AKA MSM. Maybe if the did not drag her minor daughter through the mud she would be more receptive to inverviews. I don't see Obama going on Hannity or Rush shows and for good reason. The MSM has been mean spirited and hostile towards the Palin family.

THey were?

JOhn McCain in 1998 - "Do you know why Chelsea Clinton is so ugly? Because Janet Reno is her father"

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Perknose

Color me highly unimpressed so far. Time will tell how this all shakes out, though.

Boy, it's such a surprise to hear you(or any other leftist) say that. As if you'd be impressed no matter what she did. WAHHH.... she won't talk to the media.... WAHHHH... it'll just be softballs.... WAHH......

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
"about time"???

No, she hid her daughter's pregnancy, it got exposed, it's done. You are making dishonest excuses for her not facing the media. If it's such an issue she has to hide, she can resign.

Imagine Obama or Biden going into hiding because one (true) story about their personal life was printed.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

Boy, it's such a surprise to hear you(or any other leftist) say that. As if you'd be impressed no matter what she did. WAHHH.... she won't talk to the media.... WAHHHH... it'll just be softballs.... WAHH......

So, if Obama came out for legalizing crack tomorrow, any criticism you posted could be negated by saying "Boy, it's such a surprise to hear you say that".

That's a non-argument, a throwaway personal comment as if stating he's not in favor of Palin means his reasons are not worth discussing. You are sure good at political chat.

But you go downhill from there - the "WAHHH" "WAHH" 'argument', now that really answers his point.

"WAHHH" can have a place in pointing our whining, *if* the fact there's whining is proven. You can't and you don't. You just whine. WAAAHHHHH.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

No. In fact, YOU and other righties are the ones crying and making those excuses, like you're trying to apologize for her in advance if she comes up short.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: loki8481
hid it? practically everyone knew in Alaska.

It was news to 49 states, the rest of the world, and part of Alaska. Your side tries to lie that reporting the facts is a terrible personal attack, as a political attack.

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
"about time"???

No, she hid her daughter's pregnancy, it got exposed, it's done. You are making dishonest excuses for her not facing the media. If it's such an issue she has to hide, she can resign.

Imagine Obama or Biden going into hiding because one (true) story about their personal life was printed.

There is a big difference between hiding and wanting to keep the affairs of a MINOR child private. The Obama/Pelosi attack arm went to far and now will pay the price with limited access. Any reporter who piled on the attacks should never be granted an interview with her. It is time some one stand up to the scum of the MSM who will do anything to push the Pelosi/Obama agenda.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Harvey

No. In fact, YOU and other righties are the ones crying and making those excuses, like you're trying to apologize for her in advance if she comes up short.

They're behaving like what they are: cult members, not rational citizens.