Palestinians in Gaza celebrate Hebron massacre

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
both sides have been behaving like animals for as long as I have been following this fuct up place

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
both sides have breached all the human rights. Both groups believe in vengeance. The Palestinians are fighting for their homeland while the Israelis are fighting for their place in the sun.

It's too bad that there are powerful interests that's hindering reasonable peoples on both sides from negotiating a settlement.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
I strongly believe that all of this will come to a head after the Iraqi war (if there is one). Once Saddam is relegated to the dustbin of history, the arabs will demand a concession. That will put a hell of a lot of pressure on Bush to reign in Israel towards a settlement. Bush shouldn't have too much of a problem doing this since the vast majority of the Jewish vote goes to democrats.

Israel will benefit overall with saddam gone, but there will be pain in the short-term.

If anyone thinks this is far-fetched, look back ten years to the first Gulf War.

GoingUp

Lifer
Jul 31, 2002
I remember watching the Iraqi Defense minister talk about the probable war with the US and Isreal and how it was a zionist thing and how they wanted to rule everything etc. I dont think I have ever heard the word zionist so many times in such a short period of time. He literally used the word 20+ times in a 2 minute span.

kermalou

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2001
the israelis have come to the point that they know they need peace, its just convincing the barbarians

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Czar
both sides have been behaving like animals for as long as I have been following this fuct up place

We are animals;)

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Palestinians are not barbarians. If they had warplanes or AR-15s or tanks, they'd use them. All they have are themselves and an intricate knowledge of their enemy. While we may condemn self-sacrifice in the western world, it is common practice in the East.

With that being said, the Palestinians never really had a chance to control their own destiny until Oslo, when Arafat was thrust upon them. Before that, it was other nations that used the Palestinian cause as their excuse kill Israelis, all the while slaughtering Palestinians that got in the way.