P8P67 Pro all sorts of issues UPDATE: better now!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dadofamunky

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2005
I had a lot of issues to start with as well. I don't use the Pro version of the board, however. Things are much smoother now. I am dreading having to do another mobo swap down the road because of the Intel recall, though. Fighting the stupid HSF assembly again is not something I'm looking forward to. Shows what can happen when you decide to be an early adopter. :)

When the BCLK is setting itself to 103, that indicates the board itself is determining the OC settings. I can't recall the specific setting offhand (it's under AI Tweaker I think and my machine is not in front of me), set this to Manual and that should go away. But if the board refuses to recognize the 2600k properly then I think it's a flat-out defective board.

tviceman

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2008
www.facebook.com
I got my board back. I haven't flashed to the latest certified bios, but everything is 100% stable working great now. The ram is working at it's XMS rated speeds, the voltage is nice and low at default clocks/settings under both idle and load, and the highest temp any of the cores reach under prime95 are 47 degrees celsius with my Noctua NH-U12P. I did a few quick game tests/benchmarks. The scrolling smoothness of Civilization 5 (coming from a core2duo) is night and day. I thought the game was smooth before but it's clearly running at a much higher frame rate now. The other quick test I ran was with Mafia II's built in benchmark. With physx on high, I am getting over 60% higher frame rates (low 30's fps with e8400 vs. low 50's with 2600k)!!! Tomorrow I am going to play around with overclocking, and I'll probably settle with a more "moderate" overclock of 4.6 ghz or so, but I still haven't found an answer to this question:

Does the EPU switch/bios settings affect the board and cpu's ability to overclock? Performance is my primary concern, but power savings comes second so I'd like to get the best of both worlds if possible.

Last edited: