p4b533+p4b 2.4@3.1 ddr333 stock fan &voltage

fetuchin

May 15, 2001
lots of questions to be made about this config i've been "playing" this afternoon.
First of all: is there any way of unlocking p4 multiplier?
- what's the meaning of ddr settings and what is expectable "standard"oc-ability of this config.?
- would an adequate cooling do much for this intention or would it be just the less important factor?
- where are the reasonable limits of 2.4b
- would rimm memory be more adequate thah ddr for this chip or is it just impossible (appart from the mobo of course)
- what are the right settings for agp/pci (voltage, freq...) and what are acceptable values?
- what about strength and other parameters in order to better oc?
-whatever else you think adequate.
thanks alot.

not to forget MAM, what's mam?

fetuchin

May 15, 2001
c'mon, somebody must know about this, and btw, i've tried to find similar threads to no success.

Chumpman

Banned
Feb 26, 2003
Originally posted by: fetuchin
lots of questions to be made about this config i've been "playing" this afternoon.
First of all: is there any way of unlocking p4 multiplier?
- what's the meaning of ddr settings and what is expectable "standard"oc-ability of this config.?
- would an adequate cooling do much for this intention or would it be just the less important factor?
- where are the reasonable limits of 2.4b
- would rimm memory be more adequate thah ddr for this chip or is it just impossible (appart from the mobo of course)
- what are the right settings for agp/pci (voltage, freq...) and what are acceptable values?
- what about strength and other parameters in order to better oc?
-whatever else you think adequate.
thanks alot.

not to forget MAM, what's mam?

1) No you cannot unlock p4 mult
2) There is no standard, it all depends on your chip
3) Sorry can't understand what you're asking
4) As long as you leave it at the default vcore, shoot for the moon
5) RAMBUS memory is fast on the decline, and it would require an entirely new motherboard both of which would cost a fair bit
6) leave the PCI and AGP frequencies at 33 and 66 respectively, and keep the voltages at default
7) Again, can't understand the question

Lyfer

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
2.4@3.1 seems about average. Now get a 2.6C, they do 3.3ghz and above.

fetuchin

May 15, 2001
First of all, thank you chumpman for your reply.
Dunno which of the questions you do not understand, so i will try to explain the whole thing in a different way.
Yesterday my brother-in-law offered me his brand-new p4 2.4 533 mhz with asus p4b533 and 512 Mb of 333 mhz ddr in order to try to do some overclock with it. I had read that p4 2.4 were great overclockers, so i started to put fsb higher and higher until i reached 177 and some instability problems arised when encoding video so i decided to relax ddr timings as i had read... and then i found that instead of the turbo-fast-normal and cas 2-3 that i was familiar with when oc-ing my pc133 sdram there were four different parameters whose normal values and relevance don't know. Same happened to me when i saw independent settings for agp and pci. I Actually own a k7-1200@1410-1420 running on an ABIT kt7a-raid and those parameters are not the ones i am familiar with. That is all about the real meaning of the questions.
As it regards MAM, cooling... are just supplements to that questions. ie: i have read some questions about something called MAM and its relevance on oc-in even further and about cooling i simply would like to know the ability of a properly cooled p4 to reach even higher oc (of course i know cooling is relevant, but i mean REALLY relevant), because it could be possible that the gain is small making it pointless to update cooling for a (remember it is not my machine )