P&Ns middle name is and

Page 1503 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
5-Finger discount is in full force lol. Tons of stores have already closed down due to the extensive loss from theft. Goodjob California as always!

What the fuck? Prop 47 was passed in 2014 and it reclassified theft under $950 from a felony to a misdemeanor. Just because it's a misdemeanor doesn't mean it won't be prosecuted. I worked loss prevention back in my youth and went to court plenty of times for misdemeanor theft.

Man you are dumb as shit.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
What are you failing to comprehend?

God it is so easy to dunk on you.

1. You quoted Adam Carolla (LOL) who said that theft under $950 isn't prosecuted because of prop 47, which is a blatant lie and only took me 10 seconds to find. It is still a misdemeanor, you can still be prosecuted, and you can still go to jail. This is not unique to California lol. I picked Texas because for some reason you guys LOVE Texas. Anything under $2500 is a misdemeanor in TX. https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.c...penalties/petty-theft-texas-penalties-defense

2. This was passed SEVEN YEARS AGO, why are these stores just closing now if that is the cause?

3. Your own article says that many other factors are the cause of this, and the author tacks on prop 47 at the tail end as a possible cause. LOL

San Francisco has faced a painful set of concurring crises in recent years, including skyrocketing homelessness and an epidemic of drug overdoses. And in 2020, added to all that was the Covid-19 pandemic.

City officials say all these problems have fueled the rise in shoplifting, but other factors have contributed as well. For one thing, in 2014 California passed a ballot measure called Proposition 47, which deems any nonviolent theft of items worth less than $950 a misdemeanor, not a felony.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
What the fuck? Prop 47 was passed in 2014 and it reclassified theft under $950 from a felony to a misdemeanor. Just because it's a misdemeanor doesn't mean it won't be prosecuted. I worked loss prevention back in my youth and went to court plenty of times for misdemeanor theft.

Man you are dumb as shit.
Store probably has a "no chase" policy.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Store probably has a "no chase" policy.

Yea pretty much all stores do, which is why people do this stuff. Even as loss prevention I wasn't supposed to chase, just stop them at the door if I could. Regular employees weren't even allowed to confront them other than ask for a receipt.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I guess I'm the only person here that can see s0me0nesmind1 is trolling.

I wanna insert a political troll meme here, but they all stink. Need better memes.
He's just that dumb and evil. Trust me, I used to see people like him all over social media, they weren't trolling, that's literally what they had to contribute to the conversation, it is their core selves. They truly believe all this stuff, which is why they are truly evil cockroaches.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheVrolok