OWS Protestor talks about Zionist Jews

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
whats going on is the right wing wants to take the jewish vote from the dems. So now we see the dems being painted as anti-semites by the repugs to try and gain this vote.

Karl Agathon

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2010
whats going on is the right wing wants to take the jewish vote from the dems. So now we see the dems being painted as anti-semites by the repugs to try and gain this vote.

Well I dont think thats going to work, I think the Jewish vote for most democrats is practically a Fait Accompli. Of course there are exceptions, like the recent election in NY. I dont speak for all Jewish people of course, and there certainly nothing wrong should a Jewish individual decide to vote for a republican.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
World Nut Daily? Really?

You don't really want me to post yet another survey with similar findings because you're questioning the website here, do you? I suppose I'm duty bound to do so:

http://bostonreview.net/BR34.3/malhotra_margalit.php

Good sample size. Question has nothing to do with Israel. It's whether you blame the Jews for the financial crisis. 18% of repubs and 32% of dems. Oh, and the authors of the study are a pair of Stanford professors.

It's sad actually. I take no pleasure in it at all.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
You don't really want me to post yet another survey with similar findings because you're questioning the website here, do you? I suppose I'm duty bound to do so:

Good sample size. Question has nothing to do with Israel. It's whether you blame the Jews for the financial crisis. 18% of repubs and 32% of dems. Oh, and the authors of the study are a pair of Stanford professors.

why don't you take pleasure in it? Pointing out douche bags and idiots should be a pleasurable experience.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The whole OWS thing is a lot more similar to the Tea Party movement than OWS supporters care to admit. It's a broad group that includes a lot of fringe elements with all sorts of crazy views, but at its core it's just people unhappy with the current direction or state of affairs that are seeking an outlet.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Thank you. That's troubling.

It says nothing about OWS, however, particularly given that the vast majority of supporters & participants claim to be independents.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thank you. That's troubling.

It says nothing about OWS, however, particularly given that the vast majority of supporters & participants claim to be independents.

That's plain laughable, it's the equivalent of claiming the majority of tea party members are not gop. It's baloney. Most of the groups either protesting or supporting the protests are generally democrat groups.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
why don't you take pleasure in it? Pointing out douche bags and idiots should be a pleasurable experience.

I don't take pleasure in the fact that a third of democrats or, for that matter, a fifth of republicans, blame the financial crisis on "the Jews." Quite frankly, 2000 years of blaming the Jews for every problem in the world is just about enough. This sort of attitude should be like a 3-5% fringe belief by now. And the real troubling thing is, it's probably 2x this bad in Europe.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Gee, what a shock. People who can't take responsibility over their sad, sorry life blame someone else. So once it's billionaires, then it's Wall Street, and now it's the Jews.

Geez, why does a country that CAN take care of it's sad sorry ass get foreign aid from the US. Wouldn't be it's actually a gimp nation, eh?

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Geez, why does a country that CAN take care of it's sad sorry ass get foreign aid from the US. Wouldn't be it's actually a gimp nation, eh?

No offense, Moonbeam, but that was an irrelevant cheap shot. What exactly does Israel have to do with people blaming Jews for the financial crisis?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I don't take pleasure in the fact that a third of democrats or, for that matter, a fifth of republicans, blame the financial crisis on "the Jews." Quite frankly, 2000 years of blaming the Jews for every problem in the world is just about enough. This sort of attitude should be like a 3-5% fringe belief by now. And the real troubling thing is, it's probably 2x this bad in Europe.

The Jews are going to get a lot more popular in the world if they keep their boot on the neck of the Palestinians for the next 60 years. People just love it when two of their neighbors have dogs that bark at each other night and day so that nobody can relax and enjoy any peace. Two bickering assholes in a classroom usually wind up suspended. "I'm right and I'm important so the rest of you can go fuck yourselves." OKAAAAAAAAY!

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
The Jews are going to get a lot more popular in the world if they keep their boot on the neck of the Palestinians for the next 60 years. People just love it when two of their neighbors have dogs that bark at each other night and day so that nobody can relax and enjoy any peace. Two bickering assholes in a classroom usually wind up suspended. "I'm right and I'm important so the rest of you can go fuck yourselves." OKAAAAAAAAY!

What does this have to do with blaming the Jews for the financial crisis? Are you saying it is the fault of Israel that people are blaming the Jews for the financial crisis? In other words, it isn't the fault of the anti-semites. It's the Jews. They're their own worst enemy?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That's plain laughable, it's the equivalent of claiming the majority of tea party members are not gop. It's baloney. Most of the groups either protesting or supporting the protests are generally democrat groups.

Not true at all-

It may be a party, but not that kind. The movement is often identified as a liberal, even Democrat-dominated cause. But just 27.3% of respondents call themselves Democrats (and 2.4% are Republican). And the rest, 70% call themselves independents.

http://www.****************/1789018/occupy-wall-street-demographics-statistics

Self identification matters.

The forum apparently won't link fastcompanydotcom directly. go figure.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
No offense, Moonbeam, but that was an irrelevant cheap shot. What exactly does Israel have to do with people blaming Jews for the financial crisis?

Originally Posted by SamurAchzar
Gee, what a shock. People who can't take responsibility over their sad, sorry life blame someone else. So once it's billionaires, then it's Wall Street, and now it's the Jews.

Just pointing out that one man's sad sorry life can be that person's idol in another context. I find that folk only see how cheap their shots are when the they are turned around and applied to them. I don't need to call folk sad, sorry, and irresponsible who blame Jews for the financial crisis. I have something of an unwelcome record, as a matter of fact, stating that nobody blames anybody for anything that doesn't have its origin in self hate.

I have no idea...... It may be that Jews become bankers in excess of their percent of the population. That may be for any number of historical reasons. That doesn't mean that being a Jew makes banking evil, but the other way around, that with great temptation and opportunity for manipulation of the system, bankers are corrupted in greater numbers than most and the fact that many may be Jews is totally irrelevant. This is what I consider likely.

So in my opinion, also, the guy blaming Jews is deeply ignorant. I think he would be best attacked by, oh say, counting the Jews who work for and (or) run non profits.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
What does this have to do with blaming the Jews for the financial crisis? Are you saying it is the fault of Israel that people are blaming the Jews for the financial crisis? In other words, it isn't the fault of the anti-semites. It's the Jews. They're their own worst enemy?

Indeed they are in my opinion. But remember I am a nobody at all and my opinion makes little difference. The real and most ardent critics of Israel are other Jews. I don't hold a candle to them. Consciousness arises with need and Israel went down the path of self destruction, in my opinion. That is going to create a real imperative to awaken, in my opinion. Down is up in my opinion and Israel has gone way way down. In 60+ years or so, out of the camps to ruining them. That's going to open a lot of minds.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Indeed they are in my opinion. But remember I am a nobody at all and my opinion makes little difference. The real and most ardent critics of Israel are other Jews. I don't hold a candle to them. Consciousness arises with need and Israel went down the path of self destruction, in my opinion. That is going to create a real imperative to awaken, in my opinion. Down is up in my opinion and Israel has gone way way down. In 60+ years or so, out of the camps to ruining them. That's going to open a lot of minds.

Yeah, in your opinion.

So what if some Jews are highly critical of Israel. It isn't the Jews who are blaming Jews for the financial crisis. The polling data I linked polled only non-Jews.

What I want to know is, if Israel is to blame for the anti-semitism in the world today which is, in a nutshell, a tendency to blame Jews for every problem under the sun, then what explained anti-semitism for the 2000 years prior to the foundation of the State of Israel? It's odd, really, because the Jews were blamed for the world wide financial crisis in 1929. The similarities are striking. It couldn't have been Israel. Was it something else the Jews were doing to deserve it? There's always an explanation in Jewish behavior. It has to be one things the Jews did if not another, right?

You are wittingly or unwittingly admitting to something that most leftist critics of Israel deny, BTW, that opposition to Israel and anti-semitism are bound up and tied together. You are absolutely cracked on this Moonbeam, but at least you are honest.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Pot, meet kettle...

Not really. Nobody has demonstrated that the OWS movement is anti-semitic, merely that there are a few participating who are. I merely offered that the extremely loose organization means that anybody can say anything in the context of the gatherings, and that attempts to pin any utterances on the movement as a whole are desperate, an attempt to find something, anything, *wrong*, and to tar them all with that brush. They really have no leaders in a conventional sense, no platform, no organized demands other than integrity from the realm of finance, which is the most frightening demand of all.

Attempts have been made to get anything and everything to stick to them, the usual "throw everything you've got" methods of the Right, of the dittoheads, of the followers of Coulter, O'Reilly, Hannity and the rest, along with the special interest smear of "Jew Haters!"

When nothing really sticks, detractors just try to find something else to throw. At this point, they're just jibbering and flinging their own poo... putting all of their own prejudice & misconceptions right up front for everybody to see. I think it's great.

A few anti-semites in the crowd? Why would that surprise anybody? And why does it even matter? Why would anybody try to make that the central issue?

Oct 16, 1999
Pot, meet kettle...

There's a difference between an anti-semite on the far left and a Zionist nut on the far right. Congressional Democrats aren't signing loyalty pledges to Hamas to court those folks, Republicans are signing loyalty pledges to Israel to do just that. You can go down the list and it's pretty apparent the "nutjobs" on one side are far closer to the mainstream than the other. Left extremists are actually on the fringe and not driving party bus as opposed to their counterparts. But let's keep up those false equivalencies.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
I know someone who is middle aged, rich, and jewish and is a big supporter of Israel and the OWS group.

So golly, how does he fit into the generalizations people are trying to make about the OWS?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I know someone who is middle aged, rich, and jewish and is a big supporter of Israel and the OWS group.

So golly, how does he fit into the generalizations people are trying to make about the OWS?

He just doesn't fit into the smear campaign, that's all...