Overstock CEO resigns after admitting affair with Maria Butina

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/22/business/overstock-ceo-patrick-byrne.html
Patrick Byrne resigned as chief executive of the online retailer Overstock.com on Thursday, saying he had no choice but to quit because of the attention stirred up by his public disclosure of a relationship with a woman accused of being a Russian agent.

Don't get her attraction at all, she's like maybe a 6-7 on a good day.
Seems a lot of rich/powerful guys were into her literally.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/22/business/overstock-ceo-patrick-byrne.html

Don't get her attraction at all, she's like maybe a 6-7 on a good day.
Seems a lot of rich/powerful guys were into her literally.

Especially this one. XD

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F180717134902-02-maria-butina.jpg

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Nov 8, 2012
YAY! Let's continue worrying about people's personal lifes in the name of social justice!

God forbid humans... fuck... you know... it's only biologically what we are trained to persue.

I honestly don't care if it's a CEO or a particular attorney general of new york that was well known for prosecuting shitheads (Spitzer) - if people want to fuck, cheat on their spouse, etc... what business of it is mine?

Fuck this poltically correct culture that wants to worry about people and their personal lives. That and you know... waman are always teh innocent onez... for they can do no wrong. They cannot exploit men. They cannot abuse men. PERIOD!

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
YAY! Let's continue worrying about people's personal lifes in the name of social justice!

God forbid humans... fuck... you know... it's only biologically what we are trained to persue.

I honestly don't care if it's a CEO or a particular attorney general of new york that was well known for prosecuting shitheads (Spitzer) - if people want to fuck, cheat on their spouse, etc... what business of it is mine?

Fuck this poltically correct culture that wants to worry about people and their personal lives. That and you know... waman are always teh innocent onez... for they can do no wrong. They cannot exploit men. They cannot abuse men. PERIOD!
Your incel is showing.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
I'm married and have 2 kids. If I'm incel I'm doing it wrong.

Nice try cuck-master.

Keep denying biological facts in the name of your feelings you insignificant shill.
Your mother dresses you funny. What biological facts are you talking about oh wretched one?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Only you could make the truth so unappealing by wrapping it in that kind of bullshit. I don't have a problem with Byrne boffing Butina. It wasn't a hypocritical thing for him to do, at all. It's not like he's been some champion of marital virtue, Christian values or any of the usual. OTOH, his forays into the fake news/ conspiracy theory realm (& losing at it) undoubtedly convinced his BOD that his leadership was a liability rather than an asset. They're trying to sell while they have something left to sell. He's claiming it's about Butina to save face.

She probably played more than a few men who travel in the Christian Right/ NRA/ Libertopian whack-o-sphere, I'm sure. She undoubtedly had a lot of ways of selling herself.

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
If he did have a turn does that mean he was cheating on you??
Still trying to make homophobic jokes? Between you and the rape fetish guy, it's gets weird at times. I then remember the extreme number of logic retardants visiting these message boards and it makes sense.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Still trying to make homophobic jokes? Between you and the rape fetish guy, it's gets weird at times. I then remember the extreme number of logic retardants visiting these message boards and it makes sense.
You mean looking in the mirror reminds you of all that...….

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Damn.. you a guy?

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Photos don't always capture just how fetching a woman can be, when she wants. They don't have to be raving beauties to be desirable.

Byrne's troubles are a lot bigger than Butina. If she were his only problem he really wouldn't have any.

-There really is a lot to be said about composure, confidence, assertiveness etc. that can easily make an attractive woman irresistible. Not everything comes down to physical appearance, agreed.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This chick is right right out of Hollywood casting of Red Sparrow.

Not much to look at but well trained and probably a 10 in the sack. Want a better looking version of the same character, google Anna Chapman.

This guy seemed a little wacky. I need to look for an interview from years ago to see if personality is same. Possible pressure and/or drugging causing erratic behavior. He could also be just a bright eccentric guy ala Elon Musk.

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Photos don't always capture just how fetching a woman can be, when she wants. They don't have to be raving beauties to be desirable.

Byrne's troubles are a lot bigger than Butina. If she were his only problem he really wouldn't have any.
Yeah a CEO getting some side action. Every CEO in the country would have to resign. There has to be something else to all this.

Mar 11, 2004

If you'd bother to look into the issue at hand here (like reading the link in the OP) you'd understand there's a bit more to it than that, but hey, we already know you'd much rather just spout off like a complete and total dumbfuck at every given opportunity instead of bothering to do the most basic of learning about a topic.

You don't care yet here you are being a complete moron trying to defend the guy because you're literally too stupid to bother to even read the link or bother to check up on the news. His "disclosure" is him admitting to a relationship with a known Russian agent that infiltrated the GOP and the NRA in order to gain access to and corrupt politicians. He's even claiming the FBI made him do it as part of a "deep state" operation to go after Turmp and Clinton.

What? Have you taken to smoking crack or did you suffer a brain injury (making you even dumber than usual)? Can you ever have any goddamned clue what you're talking about? You know, the woman being discussed was literally arrested and pled guilty to trading sex for political favors as an unregistered foreign operative, right? Hahahaha...holy shit, you seriously are the absolute dumbest mother fucker at all times, by choice.

Last edited:

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
The thing that makes this newsworthy is the whole "diddling the same Russian spy as everyone else". People of wealth/power/persuasion being involved with this and effectively compromised is notable.

Bonus points when it's some asshat who chooses to preach their morality to others but I don't know if that's the case here.

Mar 11, 2004
This chick is right right out of Hollywood casting of Red Sparrow.

Not much to look at but well trained and probably a 10 in the sack. Want a better looking version of the same character, google Anna Chapman.

This guy seemed a little wacky. I need to look for an interview from years ago to see if personality is same. Possible pressure and/or drugging causing erratic behavior. He could also be just a bright eccentric guy ala Elon Musk.

He's been spouting crazy shit for years. He's going way off the rails lately, seems to be going on a John McAfee bender or something.

Yeah a CEO getting some side action. Every CEO in the country would have to resign. There has to be something else to all this.

You could just read the article and find out?

The thing that makes this newsworthy is the whole "diddling the same Russian spy as everyone else". People of wealth/power/persuasion being involved with this and effectively compromised is notable.

Bonus points when it's some asshat who chooses to preach their morality to others but I don't know if that's the case here.

See above. That's not the issue. The guy is spouting a bunch of conspiracy stuff, claiming the FBI made him get in a relationship with her so they could go after both Turmp and Clinton leading up to the 2016 election. And it gets crazier from there. Not all of that is in the link, but the link does at least tell about him spouting conspiracy stuff. He did that while he was the CEO which started to cause the stock price to tank, and that's why he's stepping down. Its not the first time he's stepped away from the company after some wacky shit (he did that after he lost a case where he had trashed some guy on his personal conspiracy blog site a few years back which I linked to an article about earlier in this thread).