Overcloking Sempron64 3100+ 754

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gwalahad

Nov 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Zap
Originally posted by: kmmatney
Edit: An the ECS motherboard included in the NewEgg combo has every overclock option you need

I suspected that of these boards, since I had one of the non-Ultra versions (NFORCE4-A939, same PCB layout) and it was quite the overclocker. I actually got one of these boards from the 3400+ combo in my garage, but haven't had time to check it out yet.

Originally posted by: Gwalahad
we have got all ours OCed now with varying degrees of succes, from 2.1-2.4ghz, they dont run any worse in any way than stock speed, system jsut doesn boot when going higher, if it boots it runs stable and cool.

Nice. Have you tried lowering the HT multiplier to 3x? Lowering RAM to 133MHz? We still don't know what boards you are using.

the above was a necessity for o/c the chips at all, sicne if ram or HT went over the rated speed it'd result in catastrophic failure!(ok not quite but instability :p)

we have 2 mobos, cheapest ASrocks we could find(£35), half died, so they were replaced with cheapest MSIs we could find(£5 more)

the o/c perf on both seems to be identical - we have both the higher and lwoer speeds on each

and 1 yes jsut 1 is a gigabyte that cost us about 80 quid, needed a replacement fast(for an asrock again)
this board offers no o/c options, so it the only one we dont have o/ced

homestarmy

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2004
artwilbur.com
Originally posted by: Zap
Originally posted by: homestarmy
ANY chip should be able to get to that speed. I'd put money on it.

Careful, or else I'll call a claim on that money. ;) How much, and how stable do you consider stable? Get this... I had an Opteron 144 that wouldn't do near that speed stable.

I'm not saying all can do 2.7. I'm saying all can do the 2.493 posted in the OP.