Overcloking Core 2 duo E6300

jaykishankrk

Dec 11, 2006
HI all,

I would like to list my PC configuration first.

1) Processor : Core 2 Duo E6300
2) MB : BFG nVidia nforce 680i SLI
3) GPU : BFG Geforce 7950GT OC 512MB
4) Memory : Transcend 667 Mhz 1GB
5) Monitor : TFT Viewsonic 19" 5ms Response Time
6) Seagate : Baracuda 320GB 16mb Cache
7) Case : Antec Server Class case with Power 2 PSU 480watts.

Guys i am in INDIA and to get this configuration here would cost me more than 2000 dollars.

so i did purchase the same by getting MB and GPU from US. :)

its been 3 days now and i am not able to get the best out of my system yet ( i did use nvidia's ntune software). i dont know where the problem lies but my games crumble under pressure when i set it to higher settings under resolution of 1280 * 1024. OS is vista ultimate RC1.

i dont have good Heat Sink or for that matter good Cooling solution. we hardly get proper
components for cooling here.

what should i do to get the best out of my PC, u r comments and suggestions are welcome

Noubourne

Dec 15, 2003
Good job posting your specs.

Now we need to know what you did with your Ntune software (which sucks).

Is your system unstable at stock speeds, or are you overclocking some part of it in some way?

You need to know if it's stable at stock speeds before you can do any troubleshooting. Especially with a brand new OS.

fire400

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2005
it will work. all you gotta do is read several reviews associated with each hardware equipment. do the math and you're good to go~

myocardia

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2003
While Windows Vista is definitely not a good gaming platform, it doesn't cause overclocking instability, either. Here is a guide to overclocking with your motherboard: link. It's a .pdf document, so you'll have to download Adobe Acrobat to be able to read it.

jaykishankrk

Dec 11, 2006
Hi Noubourne,

i did read a review in anandtech for 680i MB, it listed some of the info on ntune software, well
i presume i did the same as what they have explained in the article but nonetheless it did not work out the way i wanted it to.

Coarse tuning got me to have a performance upgrade upto 1.911 Ghz for E6300
CPU FSB = 276 mhz and PCIe = 3950 mhz.

Fine tuning
Processor = 2.11 ghz
CPU FSB = 287mhz
PCIe = 3975 mhz

under this settings my system hangs on running NFS Mostwanted game :(

i did not see any improvements in GPU core frequency and memory frequency in both the cases, i dont know why..!!

i dont have a better cooling system, that may be the reason i believe...

Temperatures were around
processor = 48 deg
memory = 52deg
system = 38 deg

does this matter...

can u tell me which heat sink to use??

i am really pissed for not getting the best out of my system after investing so much on this.

i can give even the finer details if you need!!

cheers
Jay