Overclocking the Sapphire 4850 - 512M with CCC

ojon838

Oct 8, 2009
I've got the above mentioned card and I've overclocked with the CCC. My overclocking has gone up to the 700 range for the core. It passed with the test. Is there anyway the one can go beyond the 700 range with other programs or tools? I realize I'm probably asking for trouble but I gotta try. Suggestions anyone?

ojon

felang

Feb 17, 2007
Rivatuner is probably your best option, although if you want to keep using CCC you can modify your cards bios using RBE (you can also modify the fan profile so that it ramps up a bit faster as most stock versions are quite conservative), I´m pretty sure you can go up to 800mhz but am not 100% sure. I modified to max 720mhz CCC limits awhile back and it works fine. My cards are pretty old though and don´t clock as high as some of the newer ones.

Just make sure you raise the core voltage to 1.158V as this is the max you can get through software without any hardware mods. The stock 3D voltage in my bios was something like 1.084 and my cards wouldn´t OC at all at that voltage. The stock reference single slot cooling solution isn´t actually that bad as long as you ramp up the fan a bit, although it can get quite noisy over 60%. If you have a diferent heatsink design (non-ati reference) you can probably go higher while having less noise.

If you don´t want to edit the bios just use rivatuner and set your fan speeds at around 60% (or whatever noise level you´re comfortable with).

cubeless

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2001
just passing the ccc test is not sufficient, get furmark and run the stability test for a while and be sure you don't get artifacts or overheat... i haven't got my sapphire 4850 to go past 700 core reliably...