Overclocking T-Bird: ok, I know of and how to do the pencil trick, but what bios settings?? I have an Epox 8KTA3

CoolTech

Platinum Member
Jul 10, 2000
ok, I know of and how to do the pencil trick, but what bios settings?? I have an Epox 8KTA3 Motherboard and 256MB PC133 ram. Can you guys/gals tell me the exact settings in bios to change in the CPU and the ram settings, thanks.

Killrose

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
First off in the Frequency/Voltage control screen of the bios you want to change your multiplier to lets say 7. You ought to up the voltage to lets say 8.0volts. Then save your changes and back out of the bios. And then power down your computer.
Now change the jumper on the board from 100MHz to the 133MHz position.
Now restart your computer. Now you can play with the multiplier/bus speeds to your little hearts content at any thing from 124MHz to 165MHz which is the upper selection of bus frequencies.

Jan 9, 2001
KillerRose,
8.0 Volts for a CPU is quite high!!! Anyway, I currently have the same combo, and my Blue Core 1Ghz T-bird is cooking along @ 1.34ghz @1.85V! These MBs are very stable, so you should be able ot attain speeds of 1.15-1.2+Ghz, depending on your heatsink/cooling. As for the bios settings, I use 10x133 myself, since my ram isnt the greatest in the world, but as KillerRose pointed out, set your multiplier to around 7 to start, and work your FSB as high as you can go and still have a stable system. Once you achieve the highest FSB, try rasing your multiplier in order to squeeze a little more speed. You may also wish to raise your core voltage to around 1.8-1.85V, depending on your cooling, in order to reach higher speeds.

Josh