Overclocking issues

masterlinx667

Apr 23, 2013
I bought a Biostar TZ77B motherboard just a few days ago and it's supposed to have overclocking capabilities. However, when I try to overclock it, the cpu stays at 3.7GHz. I've enabled EIST and C1E but I can't enable the "Fixed CPU Ratio" along with it because it causes EIST and C1E both to be greyed out. I'm very confused and have been looking all over the place for a solution, would any of you know what could possibly be the problem. I just want to get my CPU up to 4.2GHz.

My CPU is I7 3770-K 3.5GHz

Redoitall

Feb 11, 2013
The only setting that you have to to modify inside the BIOS is the CPU Turbo Core Ratio. you should be able to get up to 4.6 GHZ without adjusting the volts unless you have a hungry chip. But 4.2 should be on the fly. I would check for the latest update on that MB

masterlinx667

Apr 23, 2013
I can enable Turbo Ratio but it will not let me adjust the core settings at all. Is there something I'm missing? I'm thinking there is an option somewhere to allow it but I just can't find it. I have my bios updated completely. Also, I should explain that after I used the bios for the first time when I got the motherboard and went back into it later, some settings were missing that weren't missing before. I thought updating would change that but it didn't. I also thought it would explain in the manual how to get settings back but it doesn't.