Overclockerz.com heatsinks

mikef208

Banned
Nov 30, 2000
Do they work? They have some pretty sweet looking ones. Any body ever used any of them. let me know.

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Get a alpha and you no your getting something that performes.....Be sure to check there reseller rateings I delt with them and got screwed I had to get my credit card people after them to get my money back... they would not answer my calls or e-mails......

mikef208

Banned
Nov 30, 2000
Yeah i have hear dof people having problems with them, but I have never had any problems. I am not getting an alpha, if I get anything it will prolly be a hedgehog. I have read reviews of those coolers and they have got some pretty impressive scores. They even look to compete with if not better the hedgehog in some cases. Plus they just look cool as heck. So if I have the choice of spending 30 on an alpha, 50 on a hedgehog, or 25 on an OCZ, with the fact that from what I have seen the OCZ's do a good cooling job and they look awesome(not to say the hedgehog doesn't) then i will prolly go with the OCZ. More input would be nice. Especially from people that have used them. Thanks

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
I've ordered from them twice and have had no problems with them either time. I ordered a stick of RAM that worked fine and some heatsinks and Arctic Silver. I've seen posts where people say they've had problems with them, but I've encountered no such thing.

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
come on guys that was not a real review they used the on board thermistor and the via hardware monitor to read the temps and did no overclocking. I will keep an open mind and wait for them to send those badboys to anand or tomshardware for a review..

Mikewarrior2

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 1999
You're assuming that TomsHardware or Anandtech will use a non-socket-thermistor method to compare the heatsinks..

Well, You're wrong on both counts. They both use in-socket thermistor's in their COMPARISONs or so called comparisons. And both are highly questionable.

Mike

mikef208

Banned
Nov 30, 2000
I have seen a lot of reviews that are done the same way they did it.Those HSF still kicked ass. Granted they did not overclock, but if they kept that cool even not being overclocked, thenI bet one of overclockerz bigger HSF would do a good job for OCing.

Mikewarrior2

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 1999
A lot of reviews are done that way?

You're absolutely right, but you know what, they're alll absolutely wrong. They are all highly inaccurate. I will post more info later.

Mike

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Well you do what you want to do with Overclockerz store but I know first hand how they do buisness and I have read lots of posts of people who have bad things to say about them. I my self will never buy from them again.... Good luck.....

TGCid

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
The thing that raises my eye brow is that the store is being recommended by many hardware sites.

Frenchie

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 22, 1999
I'll put in another vote to stay away from Overcockerz.com. I also suffered from a deal gone bad...and the bad was all on their side.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hi Frenchie. :D Someday I will have a store of my own. Watching that saga unfold, taught me alot about what not to do. Making sure those same things don't happen is why I do not have a store at this time. I won't open it under capitalized and under staffed, then work off everyone elses money for a month and blow them off til I get caught up. It 'taint right. :Q

mikef208

Banned
Nov 30, 2000
Well I want to thank everybody that has told me how good there HSF are. That is what I asked wasn't it. I have dealt with them on more then one occasion and have had nothing but good service. So thanks again for your answers to me heatsink question, NOT.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
mikef208, let me be the first to apologize to you. You're correct, the thread did get off course. I wish I had the info you are looking for. :)

mikef208

Banned
Nov 30, 2000
By no means is an appology needed here. I didn't mean what I said to be mean. I only said it cause it was kinda funny how I asked one thing and got answers to another. Don't worry about it though. But if anyone has any info on these coolers. Let me know. Just too let others know. I am not interested in what types of bad deals you have had with overclockerz.com, I just want to know what you think of there heatsinks. Thanks

ericb

Nov 11, 1999
I bought from them (ocz) about 2 weeks ago with no problems. Also using a FOP38 that was $25 shipped...very good if you can put up with the noise.

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Mike you should be intersted in the kind of bad deals we had with OCZ or any other store. Thats one of the reasons people come to the fourmes.... And once you have been screwed by a store our a person in the fs/trade fourm you will be very intersted. When when you see postings of people getting the shaft by a store that you are thinking of buying from you might want to think about that.. I myself posted the warning to help you.

mikef208

Banned
Nov 30, 2000
I understand what you are all saying. Yes in most cases a person would want to hear of all the people that got shafted from a store they are about to buy from. The problem is I said in like my second post that i have had no problems with them.

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Well then my friend, you are playing a numbers game here and sooner or latter you number will come up!!!!!

Dec 13, 2000
:disgust: Ach, I too have been burned. The fan looks pretty decent, but I'm obstinate about putting it on the k7t pro 2a I have because the OCZ store have not responded to any of my mails asking why it took them a week to process my order without responding to the emails I sent them THEN about what was up. Chances are, if you're just getting something like the HSF you'll be fine - but god forbid you should need to make a return....

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Maybe we should start a new thread dedicated to the Overclockerz store?
I'll step up to the plate and start one in a minute! ;)