Overall opinion of Bush up - zogby poll

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
CAD just proves again that all he spews out is propoganda, forcing his beliefs upon us...just because he is never wrong.

what a joker

? My propoganda? Like you were spewing in the other thread that had polling data in it? Hmmm.....

I'm just reporting the polling info and giving my opinion and then asking questions on what it could mean.:)

Now run along phillyTim - I think your daddy is calling you.

CkG

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: sandorski
Up against their own previous Poll, but inline with other Polls. The 50% level seems to be about where he's at right now.

"Overall opinion of Bush also climbed from early September Zogby numbers. Nearly six in ten (58%) have a favorable opinion and 41% an unfavorable opinion now, compared to 54% favorable and 45% unfavorable in September 3 - 5 polling."

He's up in all the numbers since the beginning of Sept. ...besides Clark entering the race...I don't see why people are reversing the trend;)

CkG

That 1 aspect of the Poll was not bad, but:

1) Bush Job Peformance +50% -49%

2) Voting preference: Bush 41% Any Democrat 45%

3) Re-elect Bush: 43% Someone New 49%

As you say though, it is up over the previous Poll, but not enough to be a clear Trend. AKA, it falls within the rate of error, so only subsequent continued rises can denote a Trend. No matter how you look at it, if the election were held right now and those Poll numbers were indicative(other Polls seem to suggest they are), then it would be another 2000, really close.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Up against their own previous Poll, but inline with other Polls. The 50% level seems to be about where he's at right now.

"Overall opinion of Bush also climbed from early September Zogby numbers. Nearly six in ten (58%) have a favorable opinion and 41% an unfavorable opinion now, compared to 54% favorable and 45% unfavorable in September 3 - 5 polling."

He's up in all the numbers since the beginning of Sept. ...besides Clark entering the race...I don't see why people are reversing the trend;)

CkG

That 1 aspect of the Poll was not bad, but:

1) Bush Job Peformance +50% -49%

2) Voting preference: Bush 41% Any Democrat 45%

3) Re-elect Bush: 43% Someone New 49%

As you say though, it is up over the previous Poll, but not enough to be a clear Trend. AKA, it falls within the rate of error, so only subsequent continued rises can denote a Trend. No matter how you look at it, if the election were held right now and those Poll numbers were indicative(other Polls seem to suggest they are), then it would be another 2000, really close.

True - I wasn't implying more than what was there(ok so maybe just a little, in fun:p) - just asking questions. A few days ago people we clammoring about the "continued downward spiral" and jumping for joy at the poll. This poll *could* show a change in people's thinking. Don't you think it's a tad coincidental that after Clark joined the "race" - Bush shows signs of reversing that trend in the polls? Meh - just seeing what the reaction was going to be. I don't disagree with your assessment though;):beer: Although you didn't include that part about named Democrats - only the generic "someone new";)

CkG

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
CAD,
What if I told you it was a liberal conspiracy to always, if polled, to respond favorably to Bush in an attempt to give him and his a false sense of security. When the reality falls or the sky rises or the ozone comes back, Bush will have relied on this to bolster his confidence in his policies and wham.. he loses in '04 by the largest margin of any incumbent president.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: LunarRay
CAD,
What if I told you it was a liberal conspiracy to always, if polled, to respond favorably to Bush in an attempt to give him and his a false sense of security. When the reality falls or the sky rises or the ozone comes back, Bush will have relied on this to bolster his confidence in his policies and wham.. he loses in '04 by the largest margin of any incumbent president.

What if I told you there was a vast right wing conspiracy to give the dwarves false hope?;)

CkG

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
We are so not stupider then you folks. If you tried that we'd know because you'd be too greedy and have him at 70%.. :)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: LunarRay
We are so not stupider then you folks. If you tried that we'd know because you'd be too greedy and have him at 70%.. :)

hehe - just wait and see my freind...just wait and see :D

Hunting season is almost upon us;)

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Did Bush get a new haircut? Or trim his nose hair? Perhaps he's sporting a shiny new belt buckle? All good reasons for a slight bump in the polls if you know what I mean. ;)

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
They need to poll about 5000 or 10000, and call the same ones every month. Then they would more accurately be able to tell if the opinions are swinging one way or the other. If you ask a complete set of different people each month what can you tell from that?

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Polls, Polls, they are interesting but, statistics relies on complete randomness in the sample, as you know and I fear the tinkering with that has reduced the confidence levels way down for me. For instance, to get say a 95% confidence level one might select (at random) 2000 to be in the sample. If done by telephone, you'd eliminate folks who don't want to respond, folks who are out to dinner, folks at dinner and don't want to respond. folks without phones but, vote... kids at home over 18, folks who lie, folks who won't vote but, say they will and etc.. I place the level at maybe 80% so Bush may be at a much higher level or much lower level.. or somewhere in between.. say 50% :)