Over 10,000 Saudi students coming to the US

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
No problem, scan their baggage and their body cavities. If nothing found, then let thm go forth and prosper. :D

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: martinez
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
Think of it like boxing- you can't throw a punch w/o letting down your guard. Bringing Saudi students to the US will take them out of the Saudi theofascist school system, ultimately undermining wahabbist strength while establishing communication across cultural lines. Only the most strongly indoctrinated can resist American culture, and all that implies. And they'll take that back home with them... It's the only way to win this so called culture war in the long run- steal their children, so to speak...

Interesting take on the subject.
I think he needs to learn how to Box! The only time you let down your guard when throwing a punch is if you are too tired to keep it up or too careless. Frankly after 9/11 I'd think we'd not be so careless as to let down our guard especially when you consider that most of those involved with 9/11 were Saudi Nationals. Do we really have the resources to keep track of all 10,000 of them effectively? I don't think so and there for I wouldn't let them into our country.

mOeeOm

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2004
Originally posted by: compuwiz1
No problem, scan their baggage and their body cavities. If nothing found, then let thm go forth and prosper. :D

Thats called discrimination, they have to do that to EVERYONE.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: mOeeOm
Originally posted by: compuwiz1

Thats called discrimination, they have to do that to EVERYONE.
No we don't. If they aren't American Citizens we do not owe them the same rights as we do American Citizens.