Outrageous Ideas for a Technology Presentation?

MulLa

Golden Member
Jun 20, 2000
Hi all,

I've been asked by my boss to give a short 10-15min presentation during a staff conference.

Was told I could do it on anything IT / Tech. related. It could be my vision of the company (IT wise) in a few years time. Although I think it might be a bit boring for the other people. Or I could do it on an aspect of IT something fun and interesting.

The problem is, while I might find servers, networks, routers and swtiches to be interesting. I have a feeling that I would be the only such person in this company!

Anybody have any ideas for me? Something fun and interesting? Or maybe the first topic? Though I don't see much changes in the next few years.

Ideas I had so far:
1. "How the interent works" (Remembering a very interesting and funny video posted here a while back which I have saved)

2. "Wireless networks" Well maybe we'll be using it in a couple of years but again I think it'll be a dry topic for them.

Anyone? Ideas? Thanks a million!

MulLa

Golden Member
Jun 20, 2000
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies.

I've had another though last night. I think the application of technology would be a nice idea probably how the office network is as of this moment and how it would evolve when it grows with applications of new technologies. Do a bit of research on it later.

Enterprise resource planning?? Maybe only the CFO is interested in that. I'll talk to him personally about that :confused:

Well I don't think the staff would be interested in p0rn since there's only 3 males (including me) in this office and the rest are females! I don't want to be involved with the 'type' of p0rn that they may be interested in :eek:

Well, thank you all once again. It's back to work for me!

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I agree with the rest, application of this technology, security and wireless ... I would pass on the "how the internet works" ...

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
More importantly, why are you being asked to waste 10-15 mins of everyone's time? From the sound of it, this presentation seems completely frivolous and as such no one will pay attention to what you say. Sorry.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Are they as computer savvy as you?

Order a pizza on the phone, arrange to have it delivered 5 minutes into your presentation. Then, during the first minute or so of the presentation, tell how wonderful the internet is and how much it will speed services and delivery aspects of virtually any business. Proceed to order a pizza (from a bogus webpage that you make up), and a couple minutes later, the pizza arrives. Don't explain the trick, and if anyone ever asks you to order a pizza for them, explain that you forgot the URL of the pizza place. (Don't use a well known place/brand)

MulLa

Golden Member
Jun 20, 2000
Hi all,

LordSnailz: Yes I did think "How the interent works" is kinda lame too, think I'll do a bit on wireless since the boss is absoluted thrilled with this wireless equipment.

Ameesh: Though I don't live in the US a quick search on google revealed what vouyerdorm was :D

RaynorWolfcastle: Well the whole company is going away for 4 days in a staff conference. There is a point in time where the sales people will go off and discuss whatever that they discuss. I was just asked to do a short piece on tech. to the rest of the staff. I think some other people will do presentation / activities too. I know probably not many people will listen so I just wanted to do something fun / interesting not serious in nature.

DrPizza: No they are not tech savvy. Tho I think it'd be difficult to order a pizza to be delivered to where we're heading to :frown:

dquan97: Hmm... Interesting. That might be an alternative. Guess I do have 2 more weeks till we all head off to keep my options open.

Thanks to all new replies!