Outlook 2k problems for multiple users - NEED HELP!

SilverEdge

Nov 7, 2000
I have installed Office 2k on a Win 2k Pro machine. I have users logging into a domain. When they run Outlook 2k, they get an installation window, which if they have Administrator access and the installation CD, no problem. But given the average user is only a Power User, and doesnt have the CD, its a big
problem. Ive installed it under the local administrator, and still it does it for the individual domain user.

Well, an update on the insanity that is this setup... I spoke with someone who thought that since I hadnt installed Office 2k from the Add/Remove Programs window, that perhaps that was why each user kept getting installation prompts. But having redone it yesterday, via that window, and still getting installation prompts, Im utterly and completely at a loss.

MS's KB isnt very much help either. The error I get from the installer is an "Error 1706", something bout it cant find the source of the product, etc... MS's only article that I can find that relates to that particular code/message suggests that its b/c Ive changed the install files from normal to compressed or vise versa... Its more that the damn CD isnt it, and they dont have Administrator access.

Hell, at this point, Id be willing to buy a $10 GC to the store/restaurant of your choice and mail it to you if you can help me overcome this and get the damn Outlook to work properly and pull the right Inbox on login. Any takers? TIA!

Please feel free to respond in PM.