Outkast: Speakerboxxx

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000

Well I didn't want to like it, but wow, the new Outkast album is great. These guys are very talented, highly recommended!

:D

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
also, give credit to where credit is due. its: speakerboxxx/the love below. :D

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Dezign
I'm not a huge Outkast fan.

Then why the fvck did you click on this thread? Postcount++? :confused:

Anyway, I saw a new Outkast video this morning, dont remember the name of the song but it was pretty catchy. :)

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
im a kast fan, and i like the cd's, but dre's cd is a little too weird and may not be accepted well by critics. i knew his cd was going to be out there, but he might have over-done it a bit. but i still enjoy it, especially since i have different musical tastes, so i could open up my mind to it, and i suggest the same for others who listen to dre's cd. i especially enjoy: 'spread', 'prototype', 'hey ya', and 'a day in the life of benjamin andre'.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Was listening to it a second ago, but I decided to switch over to DMX - Grand Champion. And to think, I usually never listen to rap. :) (Granted, I'm upload Thursday's and A Perfect Circle's new albums to my PDA right now, so that should balance things out)

Good stuff.

waylman

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2003
This is definately the best album I've heard all year. When I saw that it was 2 discs and 39 tracks I thought it would be alot of filler, but I was dead wrong. For anyone that is remotely into hip hop this is a killer album. There's also lots of great horns and several tracks are really more soul & funk. Definately 5 stars from me on this one.

edit: someone mentioned that critics may not like this one. I have to disagree. You'll see this one on many "best of 2003" lists.

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
Was listening to it a second ago, but I decided to switch over to DMX - Grand Champion. And to think, I usually never listen to rap. :) (Granted, I'm upload Thursday's and A Perfect Circle's new albums to my PDA right now, so that should balance things out)

Good stuff.
APC...all i can say is...wow...

as for X, meh. same formula as before, nothing new. a few good tracks IMO ('shot down', 'we're back', and 'a'yo kato' strangely appeals to me), but thats about it.

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
Originally posted by: johnjohn320
Originally posted by: Dezign
I'm not a huge Outkast fan.

Then why the fvck did you click on this thread? Postcount++? :confused:

Anyway, I saw a new Outkast video this morning, dont remember the name of the song but it was pretty catchy. :)

He shared his opinion on Outkast, and I shared mine.
rolleye.gif

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
Originally posted by: waylman
This is definately the best album I've heard all year. When I saw that it was 2 discs and 39 tracks I thought it would be alot of filler, but I was dead wrong. For anyone that is remotely into hip hop this is a killer album. There's also lots of great horns and several tracks are really more soul & funk. Definately 5 stars from me on this one.

edit: someone mentioned that critics may not like this one. I have to disagree. You'll see this one on many "best of 2003" lists.
i thought that, because they would prolly say something to the effect of it being too 'artsy-fartsy'. like i said, i enjoyed it, but a friend who listened to it pretty much said: "dre tried to be different, and he successed, but he might have tried a little too hard and overdid it'.

also, isnt it funny how big boi's cd is a shade under an hour, 56 minutes, and dre's is 20 more minutes longer, yet he has one extra track. granted, big boi had 1-2 skits more, but it goes to show how style variations and length of times have a affect on one's music. just an interesting observation.

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
how can you not like outkast?
they are original, they dont do anything or sound like everyone else does.
so much rap is just rehashed crap.
i havent heard anything off these cds, rap is not my favorite genre, thats for sure. but outkast is different.
outkast is intelligent and not just a xerox machine.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
I'm checking it out now:)
I've been a fan out Outkast since Aquemini and I love where they've gone so I have pretty high expecations for this cd.

The organ in ghettomusic is pretty hot:Q

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
but everyone is going to buy this when it comes out and support outkast and ensure a ride to #1 on the charts, right??? :p

waylman

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2003
Originally posted by: anxi80
but everyone is going to buy this when it comes out and support outkast and ensure a ride to #1 on the charts, right??? :p

of course!!!

anxi80

Lifer
Jul 7, 2002
dang 'prototype' hook is stuck in my head...and also 'stank you, very much' and when he says 'stank you, smelly much'.

waylman

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2003
i was listening to the dre disc this morning and just laughing my head off. The line where he says something like "you think your sh!t don't stink but lately your roses really smell like poo poo poo"