Outkast - America's Greatest Band

NinjaGnome

Platinum Member
Jul 21, 2001
I wanted to buy this Cd but to me it just sux. I like the song hey ya and I downloaded a few others to see if I would like them but I hate all the ones ive downloaded. Is there something im missing or is this just not my type of music?

wicktron

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2002
Originally posted by: NinjaGnome
I wanted to buy this Cd but to me it just sux. I like the song hey ya and I downloaded a few others to see if I would like them but I hate all the ones ive downloaded. Is there something im missing or is this just not my type of music?

Probably not your type of music. I enjoyed Speakerboxx/The Love Below thoroughly.

Spoooon

Lifer
Mar 3, 2000
I was thinking about getting it, but I don't have much of a system anymore. :(

edit: it referring to latest album

wicktron

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2002
The Roots are a very good live band. Outkast brings it in so many ways. Andre and Big Boi's versatility is astounding.
I'm not saying I agree with the article, although I agree with some of the points. I like Outkast very much and I'm just relaying something I found. :)

jeffrey

Golden Member
Jun 7, 2000
I'm still amazed that Outkast is like the number 1 song on my local Rock radio station.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
Originally posted by: Deeko
Originally posted by: dtyn
Originally posted by: Deeko
Originally posted by: mugsywwiii
OK, since when is Outkast a rock band?

seriously....

Outkast is a genreless band.

I never doubted that they were hiphop.

that ROCK term is thrown out by the idiots who write articles and talk outta their ass. \

oh yeah, i think this double album is awesome.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Wow, that article sucked.

Anyway, I actually like Outkast, though I don't see myself buying any of their albums. I can see Ms Jackson being played on Oldies stations when we're all 60, but "America's Greatest Band"? I don't think so, Tim.

You could argue for days about who is actually the greatest band, but anyone who gains new musical insight from anywhere besides MTV would probably shoot down any notion that they are the greatest anything.

Just my $.02.

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001

No doubt - the people that wrote the article must have been TANKED. POP group yes, rock band no.

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Wtf? Aren't they the ones who do that pocket full of cash big ol ass song or whatever? They sure as hell are not a rock band.

<---displays his hip-hop/rap ignorance

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: BillGates

No doubt - the people that wrote the article must have been TANKED. POP group yes, rock band no.

pop? lol ywea.....

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: werk
It's a Slate article, you morons.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does that mean? Is Slate like the laughing stock of the industry?