Out of curiousity, i got a chocolate protein shake after the gym...

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
It's awful :|

I was assured the chocolate tasted 11ty billion times better than the strawberry and vanilla, so i can't begin to imagine how bad those taste :p

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Actually both Strawberry and Banana taste better than chocolate. Vanilla is just plain ass.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
It's really not that hard to make a protein shake that tastes at least somewhat decent.

They must just suck at it.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Eat a really healthy diet with lots of lean meats, and if you're really worried about protein then take amino acids in pill form.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
LOL- my wife was reading this over my shoulder and said "So, he had a date with a black guy?"

I'm not sure what that means but it sounds dirty :)

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
It depends on the brand, I like optimum nutrition's double chocolate, and strawberry is good too (probably the best). I mix it in a shaker with ice, it always tastes better cold. You can add a little milk too to improve the flavor.

StinkyMojo

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
Originally posted by: daveymark
you get used to it after about a month...just like skim milk

exactly.. toughen up the first few times and you'll get used to it ;)

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Fritzo
LOL- my wife was reading this over my shoulder and said "So, he had a date with a black guy?"

I'm not sure what that means but it sounds dirty :)

LMAO, cool wife ! :)
so you supply her with a daily dose of protein shake too? :Devil;

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: StinkyMojo

I'm not so obsessed with bulking up that i plan to drink protein shakes on a regular basis ;)

Skim milk is for pansies, anywho. Full cream is where the flavour's at :cool:

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
Originally posted by: dug777

I'm not so obsessed with bulking up that i plan to drink protein shakes on a regular basis ;)

Skim milk is for pansies, anywho. Full cream is where the flavour's at :cool:

Unfortunately, Foster tastes lik Skim Milk to me; Guiness FTW. Bow down to your motherland beyatches. (well, not really, Ireland ftw)

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Mr Incognito
I like protein shakes. They may not taste the greatest but they are good at what they are made for.

So, if they invented a protein shake that tasted exactly like poop after a huge night on cheap american beer and chilli wings, but that was by far and away the most effective form of protein intake known to humanity, you'd not only consume it, you'd also like it?

;)

Mr Incognito

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2007
I like protein shakes. They may not taste the greatest but they are good at what they are made for.

So, if they invented a protein shake that tasted exactly like poop after a huge night on cheap american beer and chilli wings, but that was by far and away the most effective form of protein intake known to humanity, you'd not only consume it, you'd also like it?

;)

I'm much too tired to carry on these shenanigans.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004

;)

I'm much too tired to carry on these shenanigans.

:beer: ;)

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
What brand was it? Some brands taste much better than others. I personally like ON 100% whey it's the best tradeoff between price and nutritional value. As a general rule, chocolate is the easiest flavor to get right. If they can't make a good-tasting chocolate, stay far away from their other stuff. The more complicated the flavor, the more difficult it is to make it taste good without adding excessive sugar and fat.

Oh, and stop thinking of whey protein as some kind of supplement. Think of it as just another food source. The end result of 2 scoops of whey protein and a chicken breast is the same - ~50 grams of protein, at least from a nutritional standpoint.

Asking "how many shakes should I have per day" is a pointless question. The more meaningful question is "how many grams of protein should I be consuming per day, from any combination of sources, to meet my goals?"

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003

didn't know protein shakes were only made for bulking up :confused:

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000

Exactly - protein is arguably even more important when you are cutting.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
I'm currently taking Dymatize cafe mocha...best tasting I've had so far, even better than ON 100%.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I drink Real Gains 2-3 times a day with water in a shaker cup and its not that bad. If I had milk an a blender life would be better. I really don't mind the taste at all, its the clumps that get me. I bought this stuff cuz it has very low amounts of clumping.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Be thankful. They're 10x better than they used to be. They used to taste bad and make you feel like you had to yak.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Special K

Exactly - protein is arguably even more important when you are cutting.

:confused:

Since i'm obsessed with neither, my initial comment applies. Doucheberries ;)