Out of all these 4850...?

Marty502

Aug 25, 2007
A local store is bringing 8 different Radeon 4850s by different makers.

Here's the link to them: Local store

In your experience, and if the price tag was no concern, which would you choose? Which of these has the best cooling solution? Any of those I should steer away from? Even better if it's quiet, too. At least on idle. I won't mind some noise when things are blowing up on my monitor. :D

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Well, they are the exact same cards except for the stickers on them, so go with the VisionTek. It's the only one with a lifetime warranty.

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
Originally posted by: Canai
Well, they are the exact same cards except for the stickers on them, so go with the VisionTek. It's the only one with a lifetime warranty.

Don't know if that applies outside of US, might want to check that, OP linked to site in Santiago. If the Lifetime warranty is applicable to you then go with Visiontek if not close your eyes and guess one, they're all the same :).

Marty502

Aug 25, 2007
The cooler is the same on all of them??

If so, what a dissapointment. Then I'll just buy the cheapest, stick a Zalman VF1000 in there and call it a day!

Sylvanas

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2004
Originally posted by: Marty502
The cooler is the same on all of them??

If so, what a dissapointment.

On all reference design models. There are non-reference design models such as this and this that have better cooling.

Jessica69

Mar 11, 2008
While all the reference designs are pretty much identical, I'd honestly steer clear of Sapphire unless, if and when you have to RMA the sucker, you get hit with an additional charge to cover their RMA shipping, which no other maker/seller does. Asus does have one attractive feature on the reference design and that is their SmartDoctor software which gives complete control over the fan's speed...

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Originally posted by: ajaidevsingh
1.VisionTek
2.Sapphire "I owns 2 of these"
3.Powercolor

Warranty wise ,

1:VisionTek
2:Asus or Gigabyte,MSI, (3 year warranty).

PowerColor last with only 1 year warranty.