Our society is sabotaging evolution!

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Let's assume that you believe in evolution for the duration of this thread.

I'm sure you've noticed that a middle class family may average 2-3 kids, and yet often lower-class poor families have way more. It's really a shame it's not the other way around because those who are poorest, and least able to cope with life (please don't get philisophical arguing that you don't need money for happiness, etc.), crank out the most kids, so they are continually flooding the population with dummy-kids, whereas from a superior human-race perspective it would be best if the more successful in society were having kids!

I propose that anybody under the poverty line is given forced sterilization. If you are above 18 and below poverty line you have 1 year to get above it and then you're sterilized.

You can ignore my third paragraph freely as I don't really mean it at all (this isn't china afterall ;)), but I do think that evolution's ability to enhance our species is being deteriorated (at least from optimal evolutionary speed), by this phenomenon. Thousands of years ago when being poor meant your kids were very likely to die (or similarly in very poor countries) this would not have been an issue, but in ours now even the poorest can generally feed their kids.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
I think it just means we're heading closer and closer to a society split into two...a type like the Eloi...and a type like the Morlocks.

:Q

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Those under the poverty line should be sold into slavery. It's only the fair thing to do.

/Just adding controversy into this thread, completely in jest. See you in hell Skoorb.

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Plus, natural selection is no longer able to function on the human race. Only the most egregious (sp?) genetic flaws prevent people from breeding. Even the horribly disabled and disfigured can breed, passing their flawed genes along.

I'm absolutely NOT saying we should use any kind of genetic screening, but it's interesting to consider that our civilization has short circuited natural evolution.

isaacmacdonald

Platinum Member
Jun 7, 2002
or we can continue to see the income gap grow and further subjugate the growing population of under educated peeps. I'm having a hard time choosing...

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
My final solution by Kyle Broslofski. My dad is the smartest guy in the whole wide world. He has taught me that all poor people are actually things called clods. I wanna live in a world of only gods, so my idea to make America better, is to put all poor people into camps.

Edit:
(south park reference for anyone that didn't get it)

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
actually most of the smart people I know that are married have decided NOT to have kids. These are the people that should be having kids. Then the idiot people I know just put out kids like it is a factory.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: DurocShark
Plus, natural selection is no longer able to function on the human race. Only the most egregious (sp?) genetic flaws prevent people from breeding. Even the horribly disabled and disfigured can breed, passing their flawed genes along.

I'm absolutely NOT saying we should use any kind of genetic screening, but it's interesting to consider that our civilization has short circuited natural evolution.
Agreed.

isaacmacdonald

Platinum Member
Jun 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth
My final solution by Kyle Broslofski. My dad is the smartest guy in the whole wide world. He has taught me that all poor people are actually things called clods. I wanna live in a world of only gods, so my idea to make America better, is to put all poor people into camps.

daddy sounds like ronald reagan! got to admit that so far we've been pretty sucessfull at getting rid of the superfluous population-

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
We need to get rid of medicine and all health care too. That would be more effective in restoring the gene pool.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Originally posted by: isaacmacdonald
daddy sounds like ronald reagan! got to admit that so far we've been pretty sucessfull at getting rid of the superfluous population-

Actually, the humerous part of that quote is that they (Kyle and his dad) are jewish.

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001
we need to do away welfare! no more free hand-outs to poor people. shape up or die out!

/adding yet more flame-bait to skoorb's toasty bbq thread

bigdog1218

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2001
Just because a person doesn't get an education doesn't mean that they, or their children, have the potential to be very smart.

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
I've thought of this before. It sucks, but realistically, I dont think there is much you can do.

You could tax the hell out of people that just wont follow Chris Rock's advice and "Put the DICK DOWN!", but I dont think that's a great idea, and sterilization wouldnt work, either, since pretty much every college student (who do better than people with just a HS diploma) would get the chop.

isaacmacdonald

Platinum Member
Jun 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Demon-Xanth

Actually, the humerous part of that quote is that they (Kyle and his dad) are jewish.

indeed. but the actual quote isn't that far off from reality, that's the scary (rather than amusing) part.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Please people don't miss the point of the thread (all joking aside). I was talking in terms of a successful capable human being and you can't for a second pretend that an intelligent medical doctor is no better for the longevity and capability of the human race than a low-iq welfare recipient with no future. That's how I'm determining success. I'm not saying that poor = dumb.

bigdog1218

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by: bigdog1218
poor = dumb?

no.

poor + more children than you can afford to have educated == dumb

Thats not the point of this thread though, the point is that we are getting dumber as a species because poor people have more kids. Not that the actual actions of poor people are dumb. What about that thread of that idiot who might have knocked up his gf, he's now dumb, according to your logic, and he's kids will be dumb, again according to your logic. Might as well kill him now.

You may deny it but everyone here is saying poor = dumb, and rich = smart. Which is retarded because a rich kid with a silver spoon up his ass his whole life will be rich when he gets older, no matter what his intelligence is. Your father being a doctor doesn't mean sh!t. Intelligence has nothing to do with the amount of money you have, my parents were poor, I will have more succes than you, there goes your logic.