Our new president?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
...Dixie Democrats are ground zero for the most racist and violent time in American History..they spawned and promoted the KKK.
Quite true.

Of course, the Democratic Party of the nineteenth century bears almost as much resemblance to the modern Democratic Party as australopithecus afarensis does to homo sapiens...

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Liberals have their "Crown Jewels" claim to fame. Dixie Democrats are ground zero for the most racist and violent time in American History..they spawned and promoted the KKK.

They also flipped to the (wait for it....) Republican party after the civil rights act was passed.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
KKK Terrorist Arm of the strong states-rights old white-people with power that fund and control a group of religiously zealous ignorant white people afraid of change (read Reagan-Republicans)
FIFY

Everything I said about the exact same set of values being behind the KKK and the Reagan Republican movement stands. I submitted to the point of history you are arguing and then annihilated the intellectual dishonesty of linking the KKK to Democrats today.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
FIFY

Everything I said about the exact same set of values being behind the KKK and the Reagan Republican movement stands. I submitted to the point of history you are arguing and then annihilated the intellectual dishonesty of linking the KKK to Democrats today.

you are a legend in your own mind. I'll bet you have mirrors in every room.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Teddy-Roosevelt-Bear-Riding-a-Laser-Eye-Firing-Abe-Lincoln_4668_profile.jpg
Shrewd point.

Do you ever why everyone else in the thread is making the exact same point that I made? Do you wonder why there's no one here to back you up or defend you?

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
You mean that fine piece of health care legislation Obama proposed before the Republucan (ham-stringing)compromise which turned it into the "HORROR" you now call Obamacare?

I mean the bill Obama signed, and that the democrat majority in both halves of Congress sent to him. Yes, that one.

"The horror that is Obamacare"? Even if you thought Obamacare doesn't have the best approach to reach its goal, I feel like your reaction to it is wildly out of proportion.

In any case, that's not a very good argument, IMO. Obamacare is hardly the only thing Obama has done or not done, and NOT implementing Obamacare is hardly the only think McCain would have done/not done in office. Single issue voting is, and always has been, not a very good idea.

When a man has a broken arm, one solution to it is amputation. Obamacare is to the healthcare problem like amputation is to a broken arm.

Sure, it fixes the problem...but rational people would rather keep the problem until a better fix can be made.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
When a man has a broken arm, one solution to it is amputation. Obamacare is to the healthcare problem like amputation is to a broken arm.
. This is a very apt metaphor for nationalization of a broken industry vis a vis the "man" of growth and prosperity that is private industry.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Plus people like Colbert and Stewart aren't political leader types. They're much better suited to being on the sidelines contributing to the debate by pointing out how politics is often absurdly ridiculous. Stewart's approach is more straightforward, while Colbert makes his point with satirical mockery...but in both cases, their place is definitely in commenting on the system rather than trying to run it.

While I understand your point perhaps you might consider that "political leader types" haven't been doing much besides being political.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
He has about as much chance as Ralph Nader, which ain't zero, but a snowball's chance in hell.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
If he ran in-character, he might even fool some Republicans to vote for him though he would probably turn away as many Democrats.