Our holiday house

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
House & decorations look nice, love the hardwood floors. Was that register heating I noticed?

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Alistar7
House & decorations look nice, love the hardwood floors. Was that register heating I noticed?

I have oil heat and old fashioned radiators that I'm going to get covers for at some point.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Geekbabe

I have oil heat and old fashioned radiators that I'm going to get covers for at some point.

Lived in a couple of older farm houses with "functional" boilers/registers. You could hear the pipes banging in the walls at times, eery to say the least.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

Lived in a couple of older farm houses with "functional" boilers/registers. You could hear the pipes banging in the walls at times, eery to say the least.

We don't have much banging at all,we don't need to bleed these radiators ever. This house was built in 1920 and only has had 2 owners,it's been lovingly kept up and I enjoy living here.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

live in one of those now. Everytime the gas furnace kicks in...pipes banging in the walls and water running sounds.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

We don't have much banging at all,we don't need to bleed these radiators ever. This house was built in 1920 and only has had 2 owners,it's been lovingly kept up and I enjoy living here.

That happens as you get older ;)

Probably has lathe/plaster walls, and built like a rock with character to spare. The way they slap homes together anymore I wouldn't buy anything even slightly new.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

That happens as you get older ;)

Probably has lathe/plaster walls, and built like a rock with character to spare. The way they slap homes together anymore I wouldn't buy anything even slightly new.

We have 5 rooms,a nice sized foyer with french doors leading into the living room, we also
have front/rear porches and a small yard.

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002