Our Christmas tree is still living.

MBrown

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
My mom was taking the decorations off and if found baby needles on it. I have never seen this before. Is this common for a Christmas tree to still grow after it has been cut down for weeks?

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: MBrown
My mom was taking the decorations off and if found baby needles on it. I have never seen this before. Is this common for a Christmas tree to still grow after it has been cut down for weeks?

zomg! zombie tree!

E equals MC2

Banned
Apr 16, 2006
Originally posted by: MBrown

Trees are slow and stupid. It's still growing because it probably hasn't realized that it's been missing its own roots for weeks due to the reserve water in the trunk.

MBrown

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Its days some days now and its still looks like its growing!!! My mom wants to keep it.

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Well, when you cut off a chicken's head the body runs around for a while.
Both the chicken and your tree are technically dead.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
I planted it in the backyard once, it stayed a live the rest of the year. Trees are pretty stupid.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
You gotta' keep it up 'til, like, July!!!

Then you can do the whole 'Christmas in July' thing for real!!

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yes, the tree thinks its spring from being inside the house.

It will be very short lived; the tree is suffocating, wallowing in its own waste with no roots.

The tree was dormant due to winter. As its metabolism ramps up, it the trees' state will quickly deteriorate.