OT: What happened to the Beowulf?

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Well, since some tattle tale apparently decided to complain about my other not-too-far off topic thread before my question could be answered, I'll ask it here...

What's happening with the Beowulf? I've not got any space or time to build another cruncher, so if a few things could be a little help to the TeAm, I'd be glad to send them to whomever it is who is responsible for that. Also, any general status updates would be cool; has anything been added / upgraded lately? :)

r0tt3n1

Golden Member
Oct 16, 2001
No idea about the wulf, but my F@H stats will go down for a week or 3 cause I switched a few machines back to SETI. Dasm BBR to hades!! None shall pass!
:p

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: r0tt3n1
No idea about the wulf, but my F@H stats will go down for a week or 3 cause I switched a few machines back to SETI. Dasm BBR to hades!! None shall pass!
:p
Well, I'm in the dilemma of wanting to help the SETI TeAm, but not wanting to decrease my F@H production (we're only set to pass two teams, with 5 or more passing us :(). I thought if the Beowulf was still going, that I might be able to help in a small way through a donation of a little bit of hardware.

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
jliechty, I understand your dilemma. Support one project at the expense of another. :(

I don't know exactly when S@H-1 will end ... it appears those that do know are not saying anything. We are approaching a situation (if we are not already there) where we may need all of the resources of TeAm AnandTech to finish ahead of BBR in the Seti program.

If and when this request goes out, I can assure you that your Seti TeAm Mates will return the favor many times over to those who answer the rally call. ;) :)

Aug 27, 2002
indeed smoke, I'd be more that happy to crunch for something else after seti1 is over, for the same or more amount of time they invested.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Same here ,& I've rarely departed from S@H over the past 4yrs! ,but I'd gladly get my 2 home rigs crunching for another project afterwards in exchange ,& maybe some of my remote fleet too (their trickier).

Oh yeah ,& lastest stats for the Beowulf

486) TA_Beowulf 1948 1.209 years 5 hr 26 min 11.3 sec Mon Nov 10 22:52:49 2003 United States

Seems it was active until very recently

Any news?

.........you know I seem to vaguely recall getting an answer about that in a PM some weeks ago ,can't remember who or what they said though!:eek: