OT - the REALLY last of the "spineless" series?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
:beer::wine::beer:

I so glad the operation was successful, Dan. Keep taking that pain medication and don't try to be a hero. Stress has bad effects so you need to guard from that.

"Percocet" is a really nice attitude adjuster. ;) :) :D lol

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Glad to hear things went well, Dan. I agree with the others, take the Percocet as needed, don't try to "tough" it out. Let it work, and relax those muscles so you can heal. :)

Continued prayers for a complete recovery! :)

amdxborg

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2002
Awesome news Dan!! :D Glad it all went so great!!

Get well soon and don't be a stranger! :beer:;)

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: DanC
I'll drink one in your honor tonight.

Thanks Mike :) :wine::beer:

Have two. This is a WHOLE new experience in pain. On the bright side - the percocet actually WORKS now! :)

:beer::beer: done ;)

It hurts worse for a while.

Once you start exercising and walking it gets better and better.
Mine lasted a week or two iirc before it started getting better. The right matteress makes a woprld of difference too.

I truly hope you feel much better soon, and I cleared out the hot tub just for you mate.

Mike

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Hope you feel better soon Dan... so you can post those pics :p

Seriously though, get well soon! :sun:

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Dan, I've been following this and I'm so glad to hear things are going well.
I guess most people can relate to back pain, some more & some less so we know what you are feeling (some of us more, some less) and we are definitely 100% behind your full & rapid recovery. Hang in there, every day should be better than the last for a while now! ;)

DanC

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2000
Thank you one and all for your kind support. I am very happy to announce that the excrutiating pain that was part of my life for the past 6 months while walking is GONE!

GONE GONE GONE GONE GONE!!!!!! Howard_Dean.voice.on YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH... Howard_Dean.voice.off

The incision is still pretty sore as I would expect, but it's starting to itch - which is a good sign. I just can't believe I can walk without pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man!

:)

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: DanC
Thank you one and all for your kind support. I am very happy to announce that the excrutiating pain that was part of my life for the past 6 months while walking is GONE!

GONE GONE GONE GONE GONE!!!!!! Howard_Dean.voice.on YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH... Howard_Dean.voice.off

The incision is still pretty sore as I would expect, but it's starting to itch - which is a good sign. I just can't believe I can walk without pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man!

:)

Fantastic! Great news! :D :thumbsup:!

I'm sure your wife is thrilled, after a brief period of recovery, you can finally get to all those honey-do's that have been piling up. :p

(I keed, I keed, ;);) )

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
You're back!!! :D

It's back!!! :thumbsup:;)

:music:Welcome back, welcome back, well-come baaaack!:music:

MDE

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Good to hear you're pain-free Dan. My Dad had MAJOR back surgery about 10 years ago and I recently saw his lead surgeon on a commercial for the hospital. He was flat on his back for 6 months but doing fine now. You could have been much worse off ;)

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Excellent to hear you can walk without pain now Dan :D

I'll drink to that tonight;) :beer::beer::beer::beer:

amdxborg

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2002
Awesome news Dan!! Can't tell you how happy I am for you! Glad all that prayin paid off! :D

Now you can get up and fetch your own :beer:;)