OT - The official TeAm "good news" thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
DanC: congrats, that must feel good! :beer: :D
Hurricane Andrew: THats wonderful! enjoy! :beer: :)

DanC

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2000
petrusbroder,

Actually... I was quoting Ken_g6. My first salaried job was like... 20 years ago. :eek:

But - I can at least contribute something to the thread. Yesterday was the first day in six months that I didn't have to take any pain-killers. Not even an aspirin. :D

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
But - I can at least contribute something to the thread. Yesterday was the first day in six months that I didn't have to take any pain-killers. Not even an aspirin.

now THAT'S Outstanding!!!! :D:D

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Great to hear DanC

:p

It took me a year to do 1023seti wu when I started...looks like I can double that in 15 days now :p

SlowBones

Mar 14, 2000
I'm employed again! And even better, I've switched careers from I.T. to accounting.

[Being a full time student at 50+ y/o was OK -- hey, it worked!]

:D

Pokey

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 1999

At the risk of showing what an old fart I am, (I'm almost as old as Smoke) :p, I'm going to be a Grand Pa......and it's going to be a boy (ultrasound)................and so far so good, he's normal and healthy.

I'm really, really happy for this because my Father never got to see his grandsons, and neither did his parents.

When he gets here safe and sound, I'm buying......................:beer:

DanC

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2000
Hey!!!!

I've actually got something to contribute in my own "good news" thread.

I went to see my surgeon today for my first post-surgical follow-up. He remarked that I heal unbelievably quickly. :)

His take on it... is that however good I feel now is nothing compared to where I'll be, and that it will only get better from here. He is celebrating (as am I) a total surgical success, and in 6 weeks, will release me to anything and everything I want to do with the rest of my life.

Thank God, and thank Dr. Michael J. Martin, Orthopaedic Surgeon. Tacoma, WA.

Edit:

Compudog... Dasm good job~!

That's my NEXT challenge. :eek: I must kick the nasty-ass tobacco habit.

YEEEE-freakin' HAW! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Wonderful news, DanC! Also, great news from Compudog, Pokey, et. al. Let's keep this thread going... :D :thumbsup:

My latest good news, which pales in comparison to that which has been posted already, is that the stuff I entered in the local fair did exceptionally well. My two photography projects got first and second place overall in the entire photography section (probably close to 100 entries or more) - it is rather unusual for one person to get both, to say the least. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow. :)

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: DanC
Hey!!!!

I've actually got something to contribute in my own "good news" thread.

I went to see my surgeon today for my first post-surgical follow-up. He remarked that I heal unbelievably quickly. :)

His take on it... is that however good I feel now is nothing compared to where I'll be, and that it will only get better from here. He is celebrating (as am I) a total surgical success, and in 6 weeks, will release me to anything and everything I want to do with the rest of my life.

Thank God, and thank Dr. Michael J. Martin, Orthopaedic Surgeon. Tacoma, WA.

Edit:

Compudog... Dasm good job~!

That's my NEXT challenge. :eek: I must kick the nasty-ass tobacco habit.

YEEEE-freakin' HAW! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

That's fantastic Dan.

Also great news from so many others.

Great thread Dan :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
OK - so what are the good news?
Lets look at the bad one first. My car needs a service. The closest authorized shop was 3 km from my home, but the owner has retired and the dealership has not been able to find a new one (bummers: there are many LandRovers around in northern Sweden!!!!).
So: because of warranty clauses I have to do the service at an authorized shop where the one closest to my home is sixhundredandfourty (=640) kilometres (~423 miles) from my home. So to get there and back that makes onethousandtwohundredandeighty kilometres.
What are the good news?
1. The dealership pays for the trip (fuel, milage and hotel)
2. I am still on vacation and can do whatever I want.
3. So I'll take the kids tomorrow off to Stockholm (I live in Umeå...) and thursday we will go to an amusement park, ride roller coasters, boats and are going to have a ball.
4. Friday I'll make a surprise outing for the kids - I'll won't tell what, because my oldest is known to lurk @ anadtech. ;)
5. On the way home - saturday - we will stop at an second amusement park and enjoy that one too ...

So: what bad does not bring something good? :)

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Petrusbroder: I am glad that a less than desirable situation has turned into a wonderful opportunity with your family. :)

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: ProviaFan
Petrusbroder: I am glad that a less than desirable situation has turned into a wonderful opportunity with your family. :)

ProviaFan: I like the "a less than desirable situation" - LOL

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002

Fantastic !!!

Now about them pics Josh...

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
2 more days and the summer math class that has been kicking my a$$ is over! :D

Cheers TeAm :beer:

DanC

Diamond Member
Jun 2, 2000
If possible... could you put the individual photos up for us to enjoy? They are truly magnificent! :) :thumbsup:

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Some / most of the pictures, along with others, are in my gallery here. A few of those are earlier revisions that haven't had the careful cropping, dodging, burning, and other processing that the final pictures in my projects received; anyway, you should be able to get the general idea of what they look like. :)

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Some / most of the pictures, along with others, are in my gallery here. A few of those are earlier revisions that haven't had the careful cropping, dodging, burning, and other processing that the final pictures in my projects received; anyway, you should be able to get the general idea of what they look like. :)

Fantastic shots, congrats :beer: :cool: :beer: