OT- Setting computer time

BobTheWizard

Oct 7, 2002
Have you guys seen this simple program for setting the time in your computer, provided by NIST (the National Institute of Standards and Technology). Nice program for setting computer time to the standard, to make sure my system is set the same as US and World times....

:)

BobTheWizard

Oct 7, 2002
Originally posted by: LyNx01
Originally posted by: RaySun2Be I'm not familiar with that one, but I use Atomic Clock Sync :)
Checking it out now :) No more arguments about what time it is :D

Hey.. I like that one better. I've been using the other for awhile, and just switched. Great way to keep the computer, servers, etc. set on the correct time. ;)

Thanks LyNx01!!!!!

mechBgon

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Oct 31, 1999
At work we just use a log-in script to sync the PCs' time to the servers (among other things), and then I check the servers every week or two, when I think of it.

Christof

Dec 18, 2002
It's kind of funny..

At the University I attend, they replaced every clock, in every classroom with clocks that automatically synch with the atomic clock in Boulder (I think thats where it is). Great idea I thought :)

No two clocks on campus show the same time since they put them in. :(

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: BobTheWizard
Originally posted by: LyNx01
Originally posted by: RaySun2Be I'm not familiar with that one, but I use Atomic Clock Sync :)
Checking it out now :) No more arguments about what time it is :D

Hey.. I like that one better. I've been using the other for awhile, and just switched. Great way to keep the computer, servers, etc. set on the correct time. ;)

Thanks<STRONG> LyNx01</STRONG>!!!!!

Hey, wait a minute, I'M the one that originally mentioned Atomic Clock Sync! :p

rolleye.gif

;);)

soni

Diamond Member
May 29, 2000
why not use :
net time /setsntp:FQDN (FQDN is name for a ntp server near you) eg. ntp.XXX.com

Then check with
w32tm -v -once