OT: My little girl is at pre-op in hospital

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Originally posted by: petrusbroder
Sunday afternoon update:
Josie is much better. The re-operation was successful - and they found the problem and removed it.
She now needs some 5 - 6 days to recover: 2 days in hospital and 3 - 4 days at home.
Thanks for all the support and prayers! :heart:

I'm very glad to hear the good news.

Was this purely circumstantial? I hope so, and this won't happen again.

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
Sunday afternoon update:
Josie is much better. The re-operation was successful - and they found the problem and removed it.
She now needs some 5 - 6 days to recover: 2 days in hospital and 3 - 4 days at home.
Thanks for all the support and prayers! :heart:

Great News, Peter! :thumbsup:

-jim

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
So glad to hear she is doing better, and that the 2nd operation was a success! Here's to a speedy recocery!

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
How old is she? Children are more resilient than you can imagine. My prayers and good thoughts to you and your family. Just stick by her side and hold her hand. That helps more than you know.

Keys

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Good to hear she's better Petrus :)

Btw that's one helluva nastry bug!:Q ,so what did they find? more of the abcess?

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Monday evening update:

We are at home! :sun: Josie is without any fever, the pain is very much less, only some residual post-op pain and a big big tiredness.
She is eating and even enjoying it.
She and me have been together in hospital since Thursday night, we have not slept so much.
Just now all is well.

She has to take antibiotics for seven more days and some medium strength pain killers for a few more days.
I think that she will be back in school by Friday - and that is good.

Thanks for all your support, prayers and all the good wishes. :heart: I really know where my friends are! :D

Hurricane Andrew

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2004
Monday evening update:

We are at home! :sun: Josie is without any fever, the pain is very much less, only some residual post-op pain and a big big tiredness.
She is eating and even enjoying it.
She and me have been together in hospital since Thursday night, we have not slept so much.
Just now all is well.

She has to take antibiotics for seven more days and some medium strength pain killers for a few more days.
I think that she will be back in school by Friday - and that is good.

Thanks for all your support, prayers and all the good wishes. :heart: I really know where my friends are! :D

Awesome! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

We love good news! Glad to hear things are going MUCH better...now get some rest!

compudog

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2001
That's wonderful news! Glad she's doing better. I'd like to think all of the positive energy being sent her way has helped! :heart: