OT: My little girl is at pre-op in hospital

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
My middle daughter has been quite sick with high fever (more than 40 degrees C) since monday.
Doctor said: mononucleosis - painful but no big problem.
But: she could not eat, not drink and had trouble breathing. The fever climbed even more.
Turned out it is a abscess in the neck. Needs operation and powerful antibiotics. As often: at 01 o'clock at night.
Grateful for support ...

Edit: Laptops with WiFi are just great ... ;)

Edit: Please see post below.

Hurricane Andrew

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2004
I can certainly relate to what you're going through. Prayers for your daughter and your family. I'm sure many more prayers will follow. This a great bunch of folks here who are behind you 110%.

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
Your daughter will be in our thoughts and prayers. :brokenheart:

JWMiddleton

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
God bless you and your family Peter! I know this is hard on you, but our support is with you! :heart:

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Don't worry, she'll be screaming her little lungs out the next time you chase her boyfriend out of her room. :)

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Smoke
Your daughter will be in our thoughts and prayers. :brokenheart:

and prayers for you and your family as well. Please keep us posted.

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
:thumbsup::)
rose.gif

mk

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2000
My thoughts will be with her (and the rest of the family). Give her a hug from the TeAm.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
A fast update: the operation last night was not the success which we hoped for. It was not a failure either, because she is somewhat better, but an other re-operation is needed and will be done tomorrow Saturday.

The kid is hungry and thirsty - and can not swallow anything; she is nauseous and can not through up; she is tired and can not sleep because of the nausea and medications; she is in pain and the painkillers work only short time. She can breathe reasonably well when in bed or sitting but not enough when standing.
This is one version of hell.

And she cries a little bit now and then, but does not complain. She is angry at her fate, but has not lost her faith nor hope.
If anybody is a "trooper" then it is she.

Her family and friends support her - I am just now at home for the first time since last evening and soon on my way to the hospital again.

Thanks for all your prayers and support. It is very much appreciated. God bless you all.

Hurricane Andrew

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2004
Thanks for the update....not quite what we wanted to hear. It is amazing how much stronger children can be than you or I could if the situation was reversed.

Prayers will continue.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Sorry to hear about your daughters health :( ,I hope the 2nd op is more successful.
My best wishes to you & your daughter.
rose.gif

Btw ,any idea how she managed to get an abcess there??

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
(snibble by petrusbroder)
Originally posted by: Assimilator1

Btw ,any idea how she managed to get an abcess there??

No, but there is some kind of bug going around - in her class 7 kids are sick - not as severely as she is, but with very similar symptoms. :(
She just got hit "somewhat" worse ...

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Sorry to hear about you daughters situation Peter. My thoughts are with her & your family.

rose.gif

Pokey

Platinum Member
Oct 20, 1999
I am sorry to hear about you daughter Peter, and hope you see a speedy, and complete recovery.

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Sunday afternoon update:
Josie is much better. The re-operation was successful - and they found the problem and removed it.
She now needs some 5 - 6 days to recover: 2 days in hospital and 3 - 4 days at home.
Thanks for all the support and prayers! :heart: