OT: Let the 99'rs sound off!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Crazee

Elite Member
Nov 20, 2001
WOW :shocked:

A Denis sighting!!!! Nice to see you on here!! To think I signed up for this version of the AT boards (had a UBB account but never did DC back then) about the time you were sent away and I still don't have half the posts you have :beer::D:beer:

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Thanks! Ken! :D

I never tire of reading that. :D While there were many PTEs after that, this one was the best, we really had ViRGE going. Ah, so much fun. :)

It's cause we love ya, ViRGE! :D

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Oh sure, you would have to bring THAT nastiness up. :p

At least ViRGE's was a pleasant surprise and a hoax flusher. :)

Mine was real, and I ended up abandoning that account. :( :(

Wolfie

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Boy do I remember all that. I joined right in the middle of that whole ViRGE thing. Talk about confused. I think I was worse off then ViRGE was.

I wonder if anything ever did come out of that pf thing.

TAandy

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2002
I'm only 3 years late, but what the hell?
:beer: to all the people on this forum who make it what it is, a class place to be!!
I still wonder where Baldy18, slapstick and shame are and how they're doing?!
Cheers guys :)

panhead49

Golden Member
Jan 27, 2001
alot of dust and gray hair in this thread....:D

good work old timers .......i remember "lurking" quite awhile before registering too....not as old as most of you "99"ers

jatwell

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Wow, been a while :D

UBB were the days.

Sadly, I'm down to a laptop and don't really mess w/ DC much any more. Really don't feel like dealing with computers at home after all day at work!

Great to see all the old guys around still. LD, Ray, Virge, mech et al! :)

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
I wonder where Ragic (aka Ragman) went?
I know he came back about 3.5 yrs ago after a long vacancy ,but then vanished again a few months after:confused:

Also I expected to see Hellburner & Mgallik make an appearence ;):p

strates

Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Slahr Dzhe
/me defenestrates everyone in this thread!

SD

It's wierd seeing my name in a word, plus I don't exactly like being thrown out windows.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: strates
Originally posted by: Slahr Dzhe
/me defenestrates everyone in this thread!

SD

It's wierd seeing my name in a word, plus I don't exactly like being thrown out windows.
Trust me, after having it done to you 100 times or so, you get used to it.:p

GSmith

Jan 6, 2000
Originally posted by: RaySun2Be

I remember holding a lan party or two, with the primary attendees Team Anandtech members :D

:D

Hey I remember being at one of those! I was just thinking about that too because I might be in the Columbus area next month for some training for work. You still in that area?

Greg

TheRyuu

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2005
I feel late to the party :p

But I still learned a hell of a lot here.

I've also learned (to at least try) to stay out of ATOT. ;)

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
ATOT is how I got into DC. I had found Anandtech originally because I was looking to build a PC, and wanted to know what hardware was best, and recommendations. etc.

Once I found that out, I started checking out the forums, and hanging out in ATOT. But that craziness was too much, and after a particularly wild topic in ATOT, I checked out this forum.

I saw people helping each other, respectful, and having fun. Even treating questions by newbies as though it was the first time that question was asked, even though it was probably the 100th. No flame wars (or few and far between) for asking questions.

And here I've stayed ever since. Once in a great while I'll pop into ATOT, just to remind myself how good I have it hear in DC. :D

medic

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Wow!

Great to see all (or most) of the oldies are stick kicking around!

What's everyone on Binc or Boinc now? :)

Time to restart it looks like

medic (Randy)