Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2007
so here's another thread. Sorry Mods! :p

I just can't sleep. It's 2:30 AM and this is how I feel:

duty_calls.png

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
No need to apologize for insomnia-driven posts... Else I would in trouble more than anything I think.

PCTC2

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2007
It's 2 AM again and I"m still up! What the hell, Mr Sandman? WHERE IS MY SLEEP? GIVE IT BACK!

somethingsketchy

Golden Member
Nov 25, 2008
Run laps or go swimming? Usually that's what I do when I run into an insomniac patch. That or a nice hike up the mountains does the trick as well :)

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Yeah, but you need a prescription for that ... unless you want to go illegal.
And then there is the risk of the infamous "Halcion-rage" ... small but still, you never know whom it will hit.

Beer is cheaper, almost as effective (in the correct dose), legal and w/o prescription.
Then of course there is sex ... but then you need an partner.
Kicks in endorphines, oxitocin, dopamine ... and a few other neurotransmittors, lowers stress hormones ...

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
Then there is SPAN-TRAN. Half Spanish fly and half tranquillizer. It makes you go looking for it, but if you don't find it, you don't care!

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Believe It Or Not:
You need another partner for sex!!?! Someone has been lying to me for 7 years...

On another note, have you tried melatonin? It's a herbal-like (technically a hormone that is produced in the human body) OTC that works for some but not others. Worth giving a try if you can't sleep. And then of course there is benadryl.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/117781-list-overthecounter-sleep-medications/ - has some good info on stuff. For people like me, swimming and exercise can work for a day or so, but isn't terribly effective when you have no time to do other stuff (oh the irony), and can't sleep, and it goes on for years...

PCTC2

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2007
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I've been sleeping on and off. I'm still up til 3 AM often.

But the good thing is I GOT A JOB INTERVIEW NEXT WEEK. :p