OT: Hi Everyone

paf077

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2001
Well, i haven't been around too much lately, but I will be for the next 5-6 months at least.:)

Just had my shoulder surgery today, finally!!!. rotator cuff repair and plexus brachial also, I had 3 ligaments fixed and the major nerve
to the hand patched up. It's quite sore but bearable (spelling?) . My shoulder has to be strapped for a full month and after I will start
physio. My hand is completely numb, the neuro surgeon said it will be for about a week and after we will find out if worked. there were
no garanties that it would, only 60%. better than nothing , so I agred to it. I went in the operating room at 8:30 and came out at 1pm.
2 surgeons and 3 nurses. I was home for 4:30, and still a little groggy.LOL Now I feel fine. I'll keep you posted.

It is very akward and Longgggg to type with just one hand.

Paf

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Dasm! That makes my sinus problem and sore throat infection seem so... inconsequential. :eek:

Hope you have a quick, pain-free, and uneventful (in a good way) recovery. :)

Edit: oh, since you're typing one-handed, here's a little trivia: "stewardess" is the longest word of the English language that can be typed with one hand. ;)

RustyNale

Platinum Member
Apr 14, 2001
paf077, glad to hear you came out of it okay--relatively speaking of course:)

J----you seem fixated on stewardesses......course, give me a nurse in a white outfit any day...:p

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
What was the reason for this operation? Accident? Football Injury?

If you'd rather not say, no problem, I'm just the nosy type. ;) :)

paf077

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Smoke

Hi Greg, no i tore it up almost 2 years ago , 01/2002, at work fixinf a overhead door clutch, the guy taht was holding the ladder left and the ladder slipped, so i grabbed the steel thrust on the way down with my left hand. ( I'm Lefthanded by the way) I had to fight the workman's
compensation board to get paid. they said it wasn't my job , even if it was at work, the dumb bureaucratic a$$es. It took a year to finally get evrything going. I only stopped working for 3 weeks at the time. And did all my renovations after this. I only had 40% of power left in that arm and hand, Now I hope to get it back to 90%. We'll see later, the orthopedic surgeon says it will take almost a full year to completly heal. But for the next 4-6 months I'm off work and will be around.

Paf

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
I have a real good friend (known as ?Legend? on my mini-team) that suffered a similar injury. He is a captain on a crew-boat servicing off-shore oil rigs for Tidewater. Coming back from one trip in rough rainy weather, he stepped out of the bridge to check the rigging and slipped on a freshly painted deck that had not been ?sanded? (made less slippery) and fell on the point of his left shoulder. BTW, he?s left-handed too.

I really hope your recovery goes well, Paul, and you get back the full use of your arm and hand. :(

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
It is very akward and Longgggg to type with just one hand.

Well at least you have a valid reason for typing w/ one hand :p

I hope you have a quick recovery paf077 :)

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: paf077
Originally posted by: Smoke

Hi Greg, no i tore it up almost 2 years ago , 01/2002, at work fixinf a overhead door clutch, the guy taht was holding the ladder left and the ladder slipped, so i grabbed the steel thrust on the way down with my left hand. ( I'm Lefthanded by the way) I had to fight the workman's
compensation board to get paid. they said it wasn't my job , even if it was at work, the dumb bureaucratic a$$es. It took a year to finally get evrything going. I only stopped working for 3 weeks at the time. And did all my renovations after this. I only had 40% of power left in that arm and hand, Now I hope to get it back to 90%. We'll see later, the orthopedic surgeon says it will take almost a full year to completly heal. But for the next 4-6 months I'm off work and will be around.

Paf

Glad you're on the mead. Wow that could've ripped your arm off :Q